Truffenyi's Rally not playing well with Research 06/10/2014 09:26 AM CDT
You speak a few words of righteousness in Truffenyi's name.
The spell takes hold, and your voice is amplified tenfold as it echoes off to the distance, punctuated by a loud rallying call!
>
You feel fully rested.
>research fund 300
You realize that your project about Fundamental Research only requires 277 more seconds of research, so you adjust your plans accordingly.
You tentatively reach out and begin manipulating the mana streams, testing their give and the amount of energy coursing through them.
>
Distracted by your spellcasting, you forget what you were researching.
>research fund 300
You realize that your project about Fundamental Research only requires 277 more seconds of research, so you adjust your plans accordingly.
You tentatively reach out and begin manipulating the mana streams, testing their give and the amount of energy coursing through them.
>
>research fund 300
>
>

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Truffenyi's Rally not playing well with Research 06/10/2014 02:19 PM CDT
I think all spell casting, including cyclical, is supposed to kill research. The only magical thing that doesn't kill it IIRC is power perceiving. Harnessing might not, but I can't think of a reason why anyone would harness without casting a spell.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally not playing well with Research 06/10/2014 03:35 PM CDT
>>I think all spell casting, including cyclical<<

Don't know HOW doesn't cause it to happen. If I was actively preparing a spell yes but these are automatic sort of and so happens without thought.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Truffenyi's Rally not playing well with Research 06/11/2014 08:36 AM CDT
You're right and I was wrong regarding cyclics. Research works with steps of vuan, too, so I guess it should work with TR.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally not playing well with Research 06/11/2014 09:02 AM CDT
<<<<Research works with steps of vuan, too,

Sort of...

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/Bugs/thread/1641492

<<I think all spell casting, including cyclical, is supposed to kill research. The only magical thing that doesn't kill it IIRC is power perceiving. Harnessing might not, but I can't think of a reason why anyone would harness without casting a spell.

As for casting while researching in general... most magic commands can actually be used during research without breaking it. The only magic system commands that break your research are preparing a spell and charging cambrinth or gaethzen. Casting, harnessing, and invoking can all be done. The restriction on preparing limits spell casting a lot of course, but it is actually possible to cast a spell without interrupting researching by invoking a rune, augmenting it with cambrinth or held mana, and casting it.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Research#Other_Actions_During_Research