Soul hit after being ambushed 10/31/2013 12:21 AM CDT
Am I supposed to get a soul hit after halting a thief that ambushed me and knocked me unconscious? .

--Just a Squire
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 10/31/2013 01:58 AM CDT
Likely that theef ability did not 'register' as an attack, so you took the first strike hit. Fortunately, they are not as bad as they used to be.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 10/31/2013 11:54 AM CDT
If they used ambush clout (the one that uses a hand to strike the neck) then it is likely that it's not labeled as a first strike since you do not need consent to use this ambush on players. If it was another ambush that used a weapon then I would drop a post in the Thief folder so that Ricinus can look at it when new ambushes come out with Magic 3.1.
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 10/31/2013 12:21 PM CDT
No need to repost over there, I'll make sure the new thief stuff ties in with first strike.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 10/31/2013 03:58 PM CDT
Thanks.

What if the thief lovingly snuggled up against me while lying there unconscious? Seriously, that should be considered first strike...

--Just a Squire
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 11/01/2013 01:32 AM CDT
I suppose it would depend on who the thief is.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Soul hit after being ambushed 11/01/2013 04:33 PM CDT
I don't know if this can be done since halt runs through the same core as other debilitation spells, but it would be pretty great if it were not subject to the first strike penalty again. It can be a peaceful way of handling situations.

>What if the thief lovingly snuggled up against me while lying there unconscious? Seriously, that should be considered first strike...

>I suppose it would depend on who the thief is.

Creepy...