re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 11:47 AM CST
I was under the impression that departing in homes was always a bad idea. Perhaps depart itself has been turned off in homes?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 12:43 PM CST
I can confirm that DEPART does not work in homes.

After getting Hounded in my home I had to log out and back in to be moved outside. Really sucks when you drop an item that way.

Rev. Reene

"Oh, I'm not omniscient -- but I know a lot."
- Mephistopheles, Faust
re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 12:57 PM CST
I'm guessing the room was under special mechanics (ala invasion mode?) for the duration of that event.

~ Kougen

A shadowling arches through the air, trying desperately to get its wings working before it sails out the window.
re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 12:58 PM CST
Szrael had to log out and back in during that event so she could depart.

I think Sinstra did too, not sure.

Crappy, but what're you gonna do?

Rev. Reene

"Oh, I'm not omniscient -- but I know a lot."
- Mephistopheles, Faust
re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 04:07 PM CST
I wasn't able to use Spiteful Rebirth in my house actually. I had to log out, use SR, and jump back in the house before the angry torch wielding mob showed up and blew our chance to maintain the intended version of things. Since it was a mechanical limitation that none of us even knew would cause issues, we handwaved it for the purposes of the scene.

That's why Sinstra 'saw' Iggy rebirth, and why the log looked like it did. Everyone involved, including the GM, agreed to RP it like it should have looked, if silly house mechanics weren't mucking with the flow.
re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 06:31 PM CST
ah. okay. thank you for clarifying that.

the world is broken