Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 03:22 PM CST
>>If you're at the point someone's trying to handshake you to figure out your guild, it's usually best to either flee or vivisect their face off if you have consent or they're open.

I generally agree, but this is one of those tells that can happen whether or not I do anything. Yes, we are going to be outed, and yes, we are simply masquerading as what we claim to be, and I fully agree that a Ranger should be able to tell a non-Ranger if they do something together, but I should be able to avoid engaging in said handshakes all together. I can RP not paying attention to the handshaker all I want; if someone walks into a room, see's me wearing a Ranger ring, and shakes my hand, they'll know I'm lying about it.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 04:08 PM CST
I actually think shake hand and scratch both need to be added to demeanor simply because being reserved/cold should stop people from touching my character like that.

Rev. Reene

"The time will come when the sun will shine only on free men who know no other master but their reason." - Nicolas de Condorcet
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 04:42 PM CST
I definately agree, hand shakes should not be possible with cold demeanor, its not so much a necro outing issue, it just makes sense. Why would someone who you dislike or want to shun be able to force you to shake hands with them? Thats just not right.
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 09:38 PM CST
I agree. Handshakes should be voluntary. Otherwise, it isn't really a handshake. It goes beyond the Necro disguise, it's more just the general idea.
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/05/2010 03:42 AM CST
yeah, right. my 35th circle self vivisecting a 90plus paladin that can wear the genera title's face off.. thats' gonna happen. right.

well, i suppose we all have our delustions of grandeur. it was bound to happen sooner or later though. Although i couldn't exactly flee because my computer took that moment to disconnect me. ::mutter:: si i ghosted into being a ghost.

"If Elanthia can survive putting a dragon inside of its molten core, I think it can survive a few black-robed magicians sitting on Gibbet Hill"-<parshift>
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/05/2010 09:46 PM CST
I generally agre. I think any one should be able to stop any sort of unwanted touching if they so desire. As an aside I also hate any verb that dictates my response period. This goes for marriage verbs on down the line. I should pick how I want to respond.

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z