PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 12:06 PM CST
>Philosopher's Preservation furthers the improvement of the Necromancer's nervous system that allows him, above any of his peers, to perceive Arcane mana. This temporarily mutation considerably increases his reaction time, granting the magician quick reflexes and almost supernatural grace when evading attacks.

>Power Perception

>Effects: Ability to perceive mana in the environment and objects; for non-Moon Mages, increases radius of land from which mana can be harnessed; for Moon Mages allows several options including harnessing mana from distant planets.

I agree with both FBC and Armifer. It is easy to mistake the intent of the spell. While the second sentence attempts to clarify the first, it could easily be misinterpreted as a secondary benefit to the spell.

"You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 12:20 PM CST
>>This temporarily mutation

Not related to the discussion, but this should probably be 'temporary mutation'.
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 04:11 PM CST
>Philosopher's Preservation furthers the improvement of the Necromancer's nervous system that allows him, above any of his peers, to perceive Arcane mana.

'Further' is problematic in general, and it's a little weird that his 'peers' are mages, not necromancers... but you have to construct a weird structure behind the sentence to resolve 'perceive arcane mana' as having anything to do with the action.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 04:17 PM CST
lol

Poor Armifer, his grammar has been under heavy assault recently in regards to these spell descriptions.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 05:33 PM CST
>Poor Armifer, his grammar has been under heavy assault recently in regards to these spell descriptions.<

I think most of the problems in the descriptions are in spells I wrote :(

I will claim I was drunk at the time, although I don't drink.

-Z
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 05:50 PM CST
>I will claim I was drunk at the time, although I don't drink.

That's one of the best advantages to drinking. You can explain any mistake you made that way. Well, almost any.
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 06:04 PM CST
>>That's one of the best advantages to drinking. You can explain any mistake you made that way. Well, almost any. <<

Hey ma'! I'm knocked up!! But I was drinking at the time, so it doesn't count; Right?

/Devils Advocate/

Sorry, just felt the need to.

Regards,
Re: PHP from Questions folder 01/25/2010 06:53 PM CST
Danger - Imminent Warm Fuzzy Incoming. This is not a drill!

>I think most of the problems in the descriptions are in spells I wrote :(

You guys worked your posteriors off on the guild and I think the vast majority, both vocal and non, are very appreciative. I certainly am. I hope it doesn't come off like I'm nitpicking or devaluing your work. I'm a fan, if one that's a P.I.T.A.

"You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein