Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/03/2010 08:58 PM CST
If you are accused of necromancy and found guilty, whether you are or not, do the Hounds always come and spirit death you,resulting in auto depart?

What is the likelihood of a non-necromancer being successfully accused of the crime in either case, please?

Alright this is just out of pure curiousity, and probably part of a nda or something, but any possibilties of there being any further pc "guests" of Khurek or Sinstra , if so will they receive a souveneir spiral brand, necro or just someone associated somehow?

Celitha
Re: Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/03/2010 09:46 PM CST
<<but any possibilties of there being any further pc "guests" of Khurek or Sinstra , if so will they receive a souveneir spiral brand, necro or just someone associated somehow?>>

why would you seek this?

the person who recieved the "tattoo" was not a necromancer and thus when their "soul" was probed by aldauth in the dungeon they came out of it alive, albeit with the tattoo to remind them of the painful incident.

An actual necromancer explosed to aldauth-probing of the soul would not only expose what you are, but it would cease your existence. permanently. you wouldn't walk away with a tattoo.

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/03/2010 09:52 PM CST
The reason Seb didn't walk isn't simply because she wasn't a Necromancer.

However, I'm curious myself how the Inquisition NPCs plan on handling PC Necromancers. Obviously they can't actually be walked, but...eh.

Rev. Reene

A servant stops you and says, "Necromancers are not allowed to go there."
Re: Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/03/2010 10:13 PM CST
having "met" khurek as a commoner, if i sense him around I plan on keeping as far away as possible and not drawing attention with my necro-self. :-)

as i intend very much to follow the advice I was given while still a commoner.

<<Zamidren says, "I don't think it's the fabric woven of the threads you have to worry about... more an overzealous Gor'Tog.>>

<<Zamidren says, "I had better be off. Before, let me give you a little advice."

You give a slight nod.
>listen
You listen intently to the sounds around you.
>
Zamidren says, "First... be very wary and reel in your curiosity.
It's going to get you killed. I don't just mean struck down... that happens to anyone.
I mean permanently dead." >>

based on this conversation I have IC reason to believe that this would be a permanent death.

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/03/2010 10:15 PM CST
That doesn't really have anything to do with answering the question.

Rev. Reene

A servant stops you and says, "Necromancers are not allowed to go there."
Re: Inquistors, brands, and accuse 01/04/2010 04:28 PM CST
>>the person who recieved the "tattoo" was not a necromancer and thus when their "soul" was probed by aldauth in the dungeon they came out of it alive, albeit with the tattoo to remind them of the painful incident.

Seb came out dead, not alive, stripped of all favors, and under the distinct impression that she would walk if she departed. The fact that walking had mechanically gone away for PCs at this point is true, but that she would walk was heavily implied by the events.

What saved Seb was 1) her body getting removed from the Red Buzzard Dungeon before it could decay, 2) a paladin nice/crazy/Dragon Priest enough to give her a favor, and 3) possibly direct divine intervention if you believe what Sinstra's said about it.

tl, dr:
>>The reason Seb didn't walk isn't simply because she wasn't a Necromancer.

PS - The Red Buzzard Dungeon has walked non-necros before.