Slips 12/27/2009 11:44 AM CST
Jalika had someone ask her to teach a slip about a week ago. My guess is that person was most likely a necro but they were rather inconspicuous and asked like any other ranger or thief would have in the past. She taught him without much question and sent him along on his way.

I think if you're careful about the type of person you're asking you might not run into too much trouble.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Slips 12/27/2009 12:14 PM CST
Or you could ask one of the several necromancers who already know them to teach you.

"I am safe - I am safe - yes - if I be not fool enough to make open confession!" ~ Edgar Allen Poe
Re: Slips 12/27/2009 12:17 PM CST
>>Or you could ask one of the several necromancers who already know them to teach you.

This.

"I kept my workshop of filthy creation: my eye-balls were starting from their sockets in attending to the details of my employment...and often did my human nature turn with loathing from my occupation..." - Mary Shelly, Frankenstein
Re: Slips 12/27/2009 03:55 PM CST
Yea, but come on let us Bard's be useful for a change. We already play it off as "neutral" folk when it comes to our willingness to work with thieves. Just approach us with a little psst psst, c'mere. Heck, Jerodan's been asked to teach voice throws before and slips. Doesn't hurt his feelings one bit, normally doesn't even think anything fishy is going on. Is just like well, I had to go through all this trouble but I guess since you tracked me down I could give ya a hand this time.

On the other than if you're straight up looking like a Necromancer don't expect cooperation. Expect us to rack in that bonus coin ;)

>bluff silv
You realize you have no idea how to bluff an unintelligent beast like the Leader Silvyrfrost.
Re: Slips 12/29/2009 06:18 PM CST
Can you learn the slips even if you're not high enough circle to use them?
Re: Slips 12/29/2009 06:19 PM CST
Yup, you can.

Rev. Reene

"Politics is a simple game -- move a piece here, move a piece there -- except sometimes, the pieces bleed."
Re: Slips 12/29/2009 06:41 PM CST
yes. one of the first things i did after getting guilded was learn 'em.

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Slips 12/29/2009 07:08 PM CST
<<Can you learn the slips even if you're not high enough circle to use them?

Just in case... You also only need to learn SLIP once. No need to take a class for each slip ability. Once you know the basics, you'll automatically be able to use the slips at the appropriate circles.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.