Re: DO with spells / 5 Minuter Timer 12/21/2009 04:05 PM CST
killed a critter with siphon vitality, followed with a call from beyond, got deaded courtesy of chadatru.
Re: DO with spells / 5 Minuter Timer 12/21/2009 10:03 PM CST
If the gods aren't sufficiently unhappy with you beforehand, they certainly seem to take notice after you cast CFB. It's not the same as the chance of random smiting though.

"I kept my workshop of filthy creation: my eye-balls were starting from their sockets in attending to the details of my employment...and often did my human nature turn with loathing from my occupation..." - Mary Shelly, Frankenstein
Re: DO with spells / 5 Minuter Timer 12/22/2009 05:47 AM CST
aha. so.. i should expect to be smitten once i turn 24th and get the spell, and use it.

question - is it a random god that smites you or is it determined somehow by something such as your birth month, race, <say glythtide for halflings, etc ?>

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: DO with spells / 5 Minuter Timer 12/22/2009 06:37 AM CST
slightly off topic, but how do you know which spells cause DO?
Re: DO with spells / 5 Minuter Timer 12/22/2009 06:49 AM CST
anything in the animation book for sure.

spells in the transendental book to a lesser extent. <at least so far as i've seen. i haven't yet seen the messaging for spiteful rebirth, don't have that yet>

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.