Redemption & Perceive 02/21/2021 06:49 PM CST
In the Redemption release thread, from Armifer:
>> For the Redeemed, they are the half-holy; not only are they forgiven, they have access to Anabasis spells that markedly demonstrate the divine's grace.

Both Clerics and Paladins can PERCEIVE [WEAPON] and check whether an item is blessed, and how many strikes remain.

Any chance the Redeemed can get in on that, too? It's a (seemingly) little thing, but it makes sense in my head as something the Redeemed might be able to do while in the state.

- I
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 02:30 PM CST
>>Any chance the Redeemed can get in on that, too? It's a (seemingly) little thing, but it makes sense in my head as something the Redeemed might be able to do while in the state.

IMO they should just unlock this for everyone and have it based on Arcana. The blessing, as far as I can tell, is not something mana stream related, but a spell pattern. I can focus on items to detect/identify holy, lunar, etc enchantments and I'm not sure why (other than systems being systems) I can't do the same for other holy, lunar, etc effects on items.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 03:19 PM CST

Agreed! Should just be an arcana check.
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 03:33 PM CST
>> IMO they should just unlock this for everyone and have it based on Arcana. The blessing, as far as I can tell, is not something mana stream related, but a spell pattern. I can focus on items to detect/identify holy, lunar, etc enchantments and I'm not sure why (other than systems being systems) I can't do the same for other holy, lunar, etc effects on items.

I would have no objections with this being just a straight-up Arcana check.

My thing: the Redeemed have become partially holy. I don't know how far that stretches. The ability to perceive blesses is currently restricted to those that have holy attunement. I view Redemption almost like a second confound, so being able to perceive weapons doesn't seem like a stretch lore-wise to me.

Another idea that's been bandied about is using alyurynaen blood to actually bless weapons. Like with a new thanatological ritual.

The Immortals change the Redeemed to a degree. How far is my underlying question. Where are those edges?

I wanted to propose the bless check because it's a relatively minor thing, and it doesn't seem like a bridge too far.

- I
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 03:41 PM CST
I like the idea of Redeemed getting an ability to bless weapons.

and I totally agree, if it can't be changed to a straight arcana check (which would make more sense in the larger scope of things), letting redeemed at least be able to check is a good compromise.
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 05:05 PM CST
>>The ability to perceive blesses is currently restricted to those that have holy attunement.

I don't think becoming Redeemed necessarily re-attunes a Necro's brain. As far as I can tell, despite any holy mojo that goes on with the Immortals, a Necro's brain is still all ruined the way it was always ruined (or does a Redeemed Necro see something different when checking a room's power?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 05:57 PM CST
>> I don't think becoming Redeemed necessarily re-attunes a Necro's brain. As far as I can tell, despite any holy mojo that goes on with the Immortals, a Necro's brain is still all ruined the way it was always ruined (or does a Redeemed Necro see something different when checking a room's power?).

The perceive messaging changes for the Redeemed, yes.

I'm not talking about a change in the brain here. I'm talking about the Immortals making changes (directly or indirectly) to the necromancer who's found Redemption. The Anabasis spells are a holy sorcery, designed to wind through one's soul, and something that can only be utilized while in this state. Moon Mages who perceive the Redeemed can sense holy magic clinging to them.

Again, I'm curious about what "half-holy" entails. This seems like a logical extension, but I could be off-base.

- I
Re: Redemption & Perceive 02/22/2021 10:14 PM CST
Oh, one addendum to this: if I recall correctly, the ability to perceive an item and check its bless status is dependent on devotion and soul state.

- I