Darkvision 06/04/2020 04:06 PM CDT
Necromancers are currently the only survival primary guild without native access to darkvision. Thematically that seems odd, particularly since we have multiple transcendental spells that do eye-related stuff.

Any possibility darkvision could be added as a perk to either Kura-Silma or Butcher's Eye?

- I
Re: Darkvision 06/15/2020 09:58 AM CDT
I would suggest Kura Silma out of those two since it doesn't have 3 buffs already via a meta spell upgrade and is more inherently perception themed. Either add it to the base spell instead of giving it a meta spell just for darkvision, or put it on a metaspell with another buff like appraisal or wisdom or something similarly perception themed.
Re: Darkvision 06/15/2020 11:38 AM CDT
I would agree that Kura-Silma is a better choice. I'd also agree that +darkvision by itself isn't necessarily worth its own metaspell, particularly given how niche darkvision is.

Mainly, though, I just wanted to advocate for the ability.

Guilds with access to darkvision: Thieves, Rangers, Moon Mages, Bards.
Guilds with light generation: Clerics, Paladins, Warrior Mages.
Guilds without either: Necromancers, Barbarians, Empaths, Traders.

- I
Re: Darkvision 06/15/2020 12:55 PM CDT
>Guilds with (*native) light generation: Clerics, Paladins, Warrior Mages.
Guilds with light generation: All magic using guilds.

FTFY.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Darkvision 06/15/2020 03:42 PM CDT
>> FTFY.

Fair. A necromancer's way into light generation (short of gaethzen/starglass, etc.) is with Holy magic, so that's not a real thrilling proposition. Technically, all MUs could sorcerously access darkvision with Tenebrous Sense.

Native access seems like it should be in our wheelhouse. That's all I'm sayin'.

- I
Re: Darkvision 06/15/2020 03:45 PM CDT
>Native access seems like it should be in our wheelhouse. That's all I'm sayin'.

Agreed. Was just pointing out another options.

>Fair. A necromancer's way into light generation (short of gaethzen/starglass, etc.) is with Holy magic, so that's not a real thrilling proposition. Technically, all MUs could sorcerously access darkvision with Tenebrous Sense.

I was actually trying to reference gaethzen, since it's generally available, not sorcery.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh