Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/04/2019 04:21 AM CST
Adds 25-50% to the return effect of Siphon Vitality
Removes physical damage caused by Siphon Vitality

This would keep the spell relevant once more powerful direct damage abilities are available. In its current incarnation, from my experience, the siphon effect is fairly trivial. This would increase the potency while simultaneously increasing utility by doing less damage to corpses for the purposes of butchery or reanimation.

Alternatively:

Siphon Vitality becomes a debilitation spell causing a continuous transfer of vitality from the target to the caster.
Removes physical damage caused by Siphon Vitality.

This would also serve to increase the utility of the spell while making it an attractive alternative (or supplement) to direct damage abilities and would more accurately fit its current potency level.

-Rubicante (Plat)
Re: Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/05/2019 03:55 PM CST
For technical reasons, transforming a "normal" TM spell to a non-damaging TM spell on a meta probably won't happen.

That said I am open to lowering the damage and increasing the vit recovery of the spell. I have also always been open to a non-damaging vit-killer spell, it just never has bubbled up to the priority list.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/05/2019 04:53 PM CST
>>That said I am open to lowering the damage and increasing the vit recovery of the spell. I have also always been open to a non-damaging vit-killer spell, it just never has bubbled up to the priority list.

I would personally like to see this.

I cannot remember the last time I wanted to hurt something and SV was the first, or even second, club out of the bag. I only use Siphon Vitality because I need vitality. In fact, for butchery's sake, it might be nice to have something in our arsenal that didn't cause physical damage at all.

- I
Re: Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/05/2019 04:58 PM CST
Yeah, I totally get the desire for a vit-killer that doesn't do injuries. I think it'd fit as a Blood or even Animation spell, but I think it needs to be its own thing and not Siphon Vitality, which has a function that should stand on its own.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/05/2019 05:17 PM CST
FWIW I quite like Siphon Vitality as it is. That said, something that can kill things without mangling their precious corpse-bits would definitely be handy.
Re: Meta Spell - Exsanguination 03/05/2019 05:17 PM CST
FWIW I quite like Siphon Vitality as it is. That said, something that can kill things without mangling their precious corpse-bits would definitely be handy.