Alter Looks Ability 02/08/2018 11:39 PM CST
Casted a 22 mana ROC (I think the max is 25 right?) and this 120+ Empath still can't change my looks. So I guess once you're pretty far in, you're stuck with your looks besides the special items that alter your appearance.

Any chance we can get an ability to change our looks since Empaths can't? Maybe they can at maxed out ROC 25 mana?

Perhaps the difference in abilities between Necros and Empaths is that Empaths can change others where Necros can only change themselves and their minions to some degree like with Risen for example.

Perhaps when we get to the point of choose a path (Lich/Trans) then we can choose new features then? Including body type.

I'm sure this is discussed some place else but I lost the string. :/
Re: Alter Looks Ability 02/09/2018 12:16 AM CST
I like this suggestion.

>Perhaps when we get to the point of choose a path (Lich/Trans) then we can choose new features then? Including body type.

Finally, my dreams of being a magnificent undead stallion can be realized.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 02/09/2018 09:23 AM CST
Yeah, this has been proposed and discussed for ages. It'd be great if Necromancers gained access to some form of appearance shifting, or if a capped RoC/RoG+Liturgy allowed Empaths to shift. Given the bugs that seem to exist with Empaths still being able to heal, I'm not sure which direction is best.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 02/09/2018 05:02 PM CST
AFAIK, the argument is that just because you hide something from a dumb Empath, it doesn't mean the dumb Empath won't be punished for doing the bad thing.

It's like stuffing a sandwich full of live bugs and telling an empath it's peanut butter. If they're oblivious to what they're about to do, that doesn't mean they're not punished for doing it.

That said, I suggested a spell that gives necros the ability to shift for a reason, hah.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 02/09/2018 05:17 PM CST
>That said, I suggested a spell that gives necros the ability to shift for a reason, hah.

If we get a way to change our appearance, it should be more like Beezell and less like Shift. Perhaps a high level risen ability. Give Risen eyes, scalpel, command risen surgery, hope you dont end with an extra set.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Alter Looks Ability 02/10/2018 03:20 AM CST
>>If we get a way to change our appearance, it should be more like Beezell and less like Shift. Perhaps a high level risen ability. Give Risen eyes, scalpel, command risen surgery, hope you dont end with an extra set.

That could totally also be an option, but since we can already do things like force ourselves to grow scaly exteriors, warp our faces into skullheads, give ourselves crazy-eyes, and the like, a spell that can tweak our appearance (short term, long term, whatever) doesn’t seem that off-brand to me.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 03/08/2019 05:21 PM CST
Just another poke at this idea.

I'm tired of being only rotund for like 2-3 years now. With all this running away from Clerics I've lost a ton of weight.

Necro ability to change our appearance somehow. Maybe just like one feature every 90 days? Dunno.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 03/08/2019 05:36 PM CST
>>Necro ability to change our appearance somehow. Maybe just like one feature every 90 days? Dunno.

I know it's not what you're asking for, but we can use feature mirrors. I have had a couple things tweaked that way.

Maybe they'll become more prolific with Enchanting. One can hope.

- I
Re: Alter Looks Ability 03/11/2019 11:52 PM CDT
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for some that change my body type.
Re: Alter Looks Ability 03/12/2019 11:17 AM CDT
Might try looking at the various fest pages, I think Duskruin had some last year, I know Hallows Eve had hair ones. Depending on what you are looking for, it seemed to me the various events each had a different type, ie HE had hair, Dusk had heights, another had eyes, etc.

I'm hoping some of the ones coming up have scales & tails (s'kra & pry), mouths/teeth/fangs would be nice. Noses seem to be a hard one to find IMHO.

So yeah, it might take awhile depending on how much you want to change & hopefully the staff doesnt remove them. Good luck
Re: Alter Looks Ability 03/12/2019 07:11 PM CDT
Ugh, thanks. Rotund for life.