Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/08/2021 03:08 PM CST
>>Killing certain innocent-looking NPCs, while in a justice area, will now generate a murder charge.

What happens if you summon a pet that is only capable of attacking corporeal undead, and it kills an innocent-looking NPC?
Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/09/2021 01:02 AM CST
>>What happens if you summon a pet that is only capable of attacking corporeal undead, and it kills an innocent-looking NPC?

I assume the common goober about town doesn't understand the nuances of a Ranger summoning a plague of scavengers to devour what appears to be a normal-looking person.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/09/2021 06:55 AM CST
>>I assume the common goober about town doesn't understand the nuances of a Ranger summoning a plague of scavengers to devour what appears to be a normal-looking person.

Maybe. Ranger main feature is a disadvantage in town. However, the normal looking person can walk into a place where the spawn already exists, and there is no way to stop it from jumping the undead. That's a potential for abuse, if it causes a murder charge, thus the question.
Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/09/2021 09:36 AM CST
>>However, the normal looking person can walk into a place where the spawn already exists, and there is no way to stop it from jumping the undead. That's a potential for abuse, if it causes a murder charge, thus the question.

Not saying this to say that shouldn't be factored in, but wouldn't this be the case for any situation where someone is running a TM AOE set to CAST CREATURE?

Maybe having it so that you have to more proactively choose to attack the target would help (probably not the best example but thinking of how you had to actively choose to attack player owned horses forever ago).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/09/2021 09:48 AM CST
>>Not saying this to say that shouldn't be factored in, but wouldn't this be the case for any situation where someone is running a TM AOE set to CAST CREATURE?

I would imagine most AOE TM spells cause charges in justice areas already, but I'm not familiar with that part of the mechanics for all of them.
Re: Be Careful Who You Kill... 03/09/2021 10:07 AM CST
>>I would imagine most AOE TM spells cause charges in justice areas already, but I'm not familiar with that part of the mechanics for all of them.

I think most of them do, but murder is different than public disturbance and I think that even though public disturbance charges get blocked during invasions and other moments of unrest, other crimes like murder are still active (right?).