Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: SO changes 05/30/2019 10:39 AM CDT
Is "how badly that province wants you" signified by your fine, or are those tracked separately?
Re: SO changes 05/30/2019 03:41 PM CDT
For SO level specifically, which is what I think you're asking about specifically, I don't think so, although there are tangential factors that would change it that could be considered under the umbrella term "how badly the province wants you." Fines are determined by the severity of the crime, how frequently you are arrested, how successful or unsuccessful you have been with pleading innocent, whether you plead guilty, how long you went before getting caught, whether you committed multiple crimes before getting caught, whether you surrendered, and a few others I'm probably missing. In short, even if the base amount of the fine is granular based on your SO level (which I don't think it is) I doubt a player would even be able to tell this in practice given all the variables that go into the fine total.
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 09:52 AM CDT
These changes are borderline prohibitive in TF. I got double exiled today for standing in a repair shop long enough to turn in repair tickets. I had a 3 gold shoplifting warrant but no local SO according to the JUSTICE verb. Does getting exiled in Riverhaven impact your SO in Crossing somehow?

I can't even turn in my repair tickets.

If the goal was to make being a Necromancer more difficult, it worked. This SUCKS.

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 10:30 AM CDT
>>I had a 3 gold shoplifting warrant but no local SO according to the JUSTICE verb.

It's worth noting that not seeing the suspicion line when checking with the JUSTICE verb does not actually indicate 'no local SO', but instead indicates that you haven't crossed a certain threshold of SO yet. You could still be anywhere on the curve of 0 to 'some' (not giving specifics) outrage.

-Haros
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 10:52 AM CDT
>>It's worth noting that not seeing the suspicion line when checking with the JUSTICE verb does not actually indicate 'no local SO', but instead indicates that you haven't crossed a certain threshold of SO yet. You could still be anywhere on the curve of 0 to 'some' (not giving specifics) outrage.

Good info thanks - any chance we could get some sort of method to see where we stand BEFORE we risk exile or the hounds?

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 11:08 AM CDT

>These changes are borderline prohibitive in TF. I got double exiled today for standing in a repair shop long enough to turn in repair tickets. I had a 3 gold shoplifting warrant but no local SO according to the JUSTICE verb.

I looked over your logs for the last week, and wanted to clarify a few things.

1 ) Stealing warrants will count towards your total 'how badly does the province want me' total. Posse's are not a new feature of the system.
2 ) Being in a justice zone for a prolonged period of time without the proper precautions will result in successful accusations, which will result in Forbidden Practices warrants. These also count towards the 'how badly does the province want me' total.
3 ) As Haros pointed out, SO is only visible via the JUSTICE verb past a certain point. The RECALL WARRANT command may help you track where you are wanted.

>any chance we could get some sort of method to see where we stand BEFORE we risk exile or the hounds?

There is a message for a successful accusation causing a warrant for Forbidden Practices.
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 11:14 AM CDT
>>There is a message for a successful accusation causing a warrant for Forbidden Practices.

Fair enough but RECALL WARRANT didn't show anything outstanding for Forbidden Practices in 'ZOLUREN' IIRC - I was fresh off another recent exile there though was my SO high enough that getting busted for ANYTHING was an automatic exile?

Forgive my persistence here - I've been successfully navigating the SO / DO system for multiple consecutive years with almost no problem until about a week ago.

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 11:20 AM CDT
>> Being in a justice zone for a prolonged period of time without the proper precautions will result in successful accusations

Sorcery sure. Shoplifting of course. Guilty of the crime of existing and standing in the wrong place? Could we consider getting some atmospheric warning messages before the automatic warrants start rolling in?

"People are starting to look at you with a strange recognition in their eyes. Maybe you shouldn't be lingering here..."

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 12:01 PM CDT

>Guilty of the crime of existing and standing in the wrong place?

It looks like all the examples of posses being sent after you are due to you accruing enough ire with the province you are in. If you have a specific time stamp or event you want me to look into, you can post it. One thing you might want to take note of is which Necromancer spells you are able to cast in justice zones (it is a short list).

>Could we consider getting some atmospheric warning messages before the automatic warrants start rolling in?

I do not think there is any plan to do so, but note there is a significant cool down period between successful accusations (which does message you), as well as following being brought before a judge. If you are asking for a means to mitigate your suspicion, note that Necromancers have more than one.
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 12:20 PM CDT
>>One thing you might want to take note of is which Necromancer spells you are able to cast in justice zones (it is a short list).

I made a habit of using ROC before leaving a hunting area every time, and pretty much always using EOTB when passing through a town. The most recent event in Riverhaven appears to be due to a failed attempt at entering a portal while invisible and the subsequent use of sorcery spells when my script failed. Seems like one forbidden practices charge shouldn't earn me an exile... but I guess that's just going to take some getting used to.

The incident immediately following in the Crossing is the reason for the post - and I believe I have a better understanding of that event as well now that I am in possession of the information that the Justice verb does not give an accurate indication of SO levels before a certain point.

Maybe it will just take a while to get used to the fact that you guys want SO to have a more meaningful impact on being a Necromancer. I'll just script around it.

>>If you are asking for a means to mitigate your suspicion, note that Necromancers have more than one.

What I was requesting was some warning text before an automatic accuse / warning. Maybe I don't fully understand - but it seems like as a Necromancer I can do nothing more than stand in a room with no buffs (SO causing necro-spells) and neutral onlookers will trigger an automatic SUCCESSFUL accuse which automatically generates a FP warrant. This seems like it should warn before an automatic warrant, particularly because there is no specific mechanism that can be used to detect the pre-existing level of SO. Can I stand in this room for 2 minutes or 2 seconds before a warrant is automatically issued for my arrest? Guess I'll have to PAFO.

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes - A TF Perspective 06/04/2019 01:06 PM CDT
>... the subsequent use of sorcery spells when my script failed.

Checking your logs it appears as though you are still doing things that you should not be doing. I will not go into specifics here without your permission to do so, and if you want, we can coordinate a time to discuss in game, or you can email me directly at my play.net address, and CC dr-events@play.net.

>This seems like it should warn before an automatic warrant, particularly because there is no specific mechanism that can be used to detect the pre-existing level of SO. Can I stand in this room for 2 minutes or 2 seconds before a warrant is automatically issued for my arrest? Guess I'll have to PAFO.

This is true, and was true before this change, though it required another player to do the accusation.

I think you may be confused between Suspicion and Social Outrage. Suspicion accrues when you are in justice zones, and acts as an invisible multiplier of your odds of a successful accusation, starting with 'very low odds' and getting to 'almost a guarantee'. Social Outrage accrues as a function of being successfully accused of Necromancer related charges. Once your Social Outrage reaches a certain level, you are exiled from the province.

The period of time for your suspicion to reach the point of a nearly guaranteed accusation will require some experimentation, but it is significantly higher than 2 minutes. The point is less that you should only remain in town for exactly x minutes before leaving, and more that you should treat being in town as risky and itself an illegal act. If you get caught after being in town for 10 minutes one time, that does not mean that you may make it for 15 the next.

>What I was requesting was some warning text before an automatic accuse / warning.

For checking Suspicion I do not believe there are plans to do so, but we can discuss it.
Re: SO changes 06/07/2019 10:26 AM CDT
This isn't exactly a necromancer question but it is a social outrage question. I have a non-necromancer character that reached "fairly sure you're a necromancer or sorcerer" SO after handling a necro item and participating in a Pith event. I waited it out for about a week and SO fell below the threshold and I no longer saw the "fairly sure" message at all. I logged in today and it's back. The only thing I can think of that I've done that might have kicked it back up is I got a shoplifting warrant (promptly turned myself in and cleared it). So my questions are: Are all crimes of any type going to tie now to SO going forward? Is this just a function of my SO falling below the threshold but my social suspicion was still high so a warrant bumped SO back up again? Presumably if my social suspicion gets low enough again, I can steal without the peasant mob thinking that's an act of necromancy/sorcery?

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: SO changes 06/07/2019 11:39 AM CDT
SO has dropped below the "fairly sure you're a necromancer et al" level now, even after another shoplifting charge for science, so maybe it was just fluctuating right on the line for a bit.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: SO changes 06/08/2019 04:55 PM CDT

Would be cool if there was a chance to escape a posse or the Hounds. Perhaps a second to attempt an escape, odds based on something similar to pleading innocent, but maybe the Athletics skill. Creating some close calls, SO could increase at these encounters, making it even more important to stay away.
Re: SO changes 06/13/2019 11:10 PM CDT
Anybody have a rough idea about SO / suspicion drain rate? Would really like to put shoplifting back in my rotation...

- Rhoat
Re: SO changes 11/22/2019 07:34 PM CST

I second this choosing a side question. What syntax would be used? Is this more of a role playing choice? Or is it literally a defining choice made in the game that affects how the environment responds to your character? I don't mean to seem ignorant, but well, I played DR a lot in the past but am fairly new to being a necro. So far the class is very enjoyable, and I have been quiet and sort of secretive..... I just don't know what sort of strange surprising death and mob attacks to look out for and have been a nervous wreck. On a side note, so far there has been no problems sitting around by the war mage guild in crossing learning from classes (I sit there due to my fake spell prep appearance) it is definitely a justice area but of course im not throwing around necro spells either I just research magic and carve things
Re: SO changes 11/22/2019 10:28 PM CST
I recommend reading this: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/159

Choosing a side: There are three NPCs in the game that you go speak to and declare your stance on necromancy. If you hate all necromancers, find the NPC on the crossing temple grounds. If you're cool with the Philosophers, talk to the npc in Dirge. If think the Perverse are the best, visit the npc on Basalt Island (getting there's an IG secret!)

As for what choosing a side does, it's primarily an RP flag that staff can see. People with like-minded declarations will also be able to recognize each other via the JUSTICE verb. Of special note, declaring for the Perverse will lock you PVP open.

Also, check out discord if you haven't already. That's going to be the best environment to ask questions and get quick answers: https://discordapp.com/invite/012CV9CNB6YximtAZ
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page