Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:36 PM CDT
<<AUTOMATED CHARACTER UPDATES:
Upon logging in again, the following changes will take place.
1) Necromancers will again be able to select the PvP Closed stance.
2) Perverse-friendly Necromancers will be reset back to default (Philosopher) attitude.>>

Is that live yet? Some folks are saying that they are still perverse and double-checked with the island etc to confirm. Nothing changed for them.

Also, does "Unsullied" meant a necromancer who is not yet Forsaken? Just making sure I understand that piece.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:38 PM CDT
>>Is that live yet? Some folks are saying that they are still perverse and double-checked with the island etc to confirm. Nothing changed for them.

Should be live, if they have logged off and logged back in since the post. Will have it double checked.

>>Also, does "Unsullied" meant a necromancer who is not yet Forsaken? Just making sure I understand that piece.

Yeah, "Unsullied" is our term for Necros that are pre-forsaken.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:40 PM CDT
>>Is that live yet? Some folks are saying that they are still perverse and double-checked with the island etc to confirm. Nothing changed for them.

Also I'm reminded there may be some confusion about what Perverse status means now, that we're specifically talking about the Necroattitude system.

If something seems up with specific characters, though, could you have them ASSIST so that we can take a look at them?

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:48 PM CDT
Zehira was made mechanically perverse, meaning she can't get in the Haven and Crossing guild which is fine, I'd never change her anyways, so I really don't want that messed with. I jumped to the island and the attitude/affiliation was the same even after I logged off and on, the only thing that seems wonky is IF I wanted to I could change my pvp stance. Is that something to assist for, I would not change it anyways but if it's something that needs fixed I will.

Thanks,

Z

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:54 PM CDT
Alright, apologies for the confusion but I mis-wrote in the initial post: if you're already PvP Open and Perverse, no autocorrection happens. It only resets you if there's a mismatch.

-Armifer
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:55 PM CDT
Thanks.

I'm not a necromancer primary player, so I'll just throw my minor two cents in for what it's worth.

I think player choice is always a good thing, and I think it was optimistic (in a good way) to think that the necromancer guild as originally designed would draw and center around players that knew that they were getting into as soon as they joined. It seems like time has shown that necromancer players like to take a variety of different approaches with their characters and it seems like this change recognizes that--that's probably very good for long-term interest and expanding the guild's draw to a broader group of people.

I think it's good to have drawn a profile line starkly between Perverse and Others. This gives Others the chance to be more, uh, sociable psychopaths. And it gives Perverse the chance to distinguish themselves more from the latter. I think that kind of factionalism support is a good thing because it heightens RP options.

With all that said, I think that those who have played and continue to play the darker open perverse side of necromancers should have some mechanics to support that RP. If orbs are nuked, they should get their own invasion trigger NPC or something along those lines. It's not a positive atmosphere is everyone is cornered into playing snuggle bunnies. But I understand the fine line you're trying to walk. As someone that very much enjoys the antagonistic RP that the Perverse bring to the game, I would ask (if things like orbs are getting dropped) that you consider ways to give them the "orb" type of threat without some of the drawbacks that apparently justify that withdrawal.

We have automatic invasion trigger NPCs for regular folks so it doesn't seem like a big stretch to let a group of Perverse call in some zombie hordes time to time or something.

Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 03:58 PM CDT
Thank you, I'm good then. I will just keep doing what I do.

Z

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 04:38 PM CDT
What does this new policy mean about necromancers specifically in regards to Orders? I will also crosspost this in the order folders, but wanted to make sure Armifer could easily address this issue as well.
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 04:41 PM CDT
>>What does this new policy mean about necromancers specifically in regards to Orders? I will also crosspost this in the order folders, but wanted to make sure Armifer could easily address this issue as well.

I'll talk with the Orders GM, but the policy we touched today is specifically referring to harassment/PvP/etc policy. Orders is kind of a more complex issue because AFAIK it's less a Policy-with-a-capital-P issue than the result of a number of intersecting IC issues that currently prevent Necros from being parts of orders. No promise one way or the other, but I'll see what she wants to do.

-Armifer
Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 05/07/2019 04:48 PM CDT
So seriously the complaint now is that you have to be Open to scream from the rooftops you’re a demon worshipper in a world that had 1/3 the population wiped out by a necromancer once? I think the approach they’re taking now is incredibly kid gloves as it is. You get to be a necromancer without getting hunted. You get your tea parties. If you want to take the next mechanical step/turn of screaming it from the rooftops, you have to be open to a response or you’re pushing everyone else that plays into hand-waving RP so you don’t get uncomfortable while your tentacles are grafted on.

Re: Necromancer Policy Etc 08/08/2021 11:05 PM CDT

Super long thread resurrection (Pun intended).

Just came back from what I think is at least a 2+ year hiatus to find myself necroattitude-aligned non-perverse.. I think I'm comfortable with saying that I've never pushed that button of my own free will prior to this evening. After an assist that helped clarify basically nothing, I went ahead and pushed the button in the event that I'm eventually just told to 'shut up and color for (x) days, cause reasons' but it certainly feels like there was some period of time where the change happened and people stayed Perverse/Open without having to wait out the REGRET timer with our friendly Enforcer.

What gives?

-Nsar