RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 05:11 PM CDT
Fyi testing so far on devour:

100 mana cast using harvested flesh "good" quality.

Received 1 minor wound within about 20 seconds of casting the spell.

The wound was not healed. The spell faded with no effect.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 05:17 PM CDT
>>100 mana cast using harvested flesh "good" quality.

Quality matters a lot, and so does critter difficulty.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 05:53 PM CDT

Critter was a xalashar magus.

Should the spell scale down to literally (no effect) on a capped cast on a 700+ rank mob with any successful harvested flesh? Just getting a sense of what behavior is erroneous v. working as intended. As it stands right now discern should say "usable with flesh quality > good" because in practical terms this (seems) to be the case.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 06:11 PM CDT
>>Should the spell scale down to literally (no effect) on a capped cast on a 700+ rank mob with any successful harvested flesh? Just getting a sense of what behavior is erroneous v. working as intended. As it stands right now discern should say "usable with flesh quality > good" because in practical terms this (seems) to be the case.

I couldn't reproduce this. If you are in game right now, please REPORT with my name and I'll take a look at you. If not, BUG and I'll try to catch you later.

GM Grejuva
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 06:14 PM CDT
<<- When the caster is healthy, the spell will linger passively for 10-40 minutes if it was cast on a fresh corpse.>>

<<100 mana cast using harvested flesh "good" quality.>>

<<Received 1 minor wound within about 20 seconds of casting the spell.>>

So you were uninjured at the time of casting? It sounds like you can't get the lingering effect at all with material, only if you use an actual corpse. Using material would thus be strictly for casting the spell after you're already injured. That's how I read it, anyway.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 06:21 PM CDT
I'm really happy with the changes to Devour! Thanks to everyone who worked on the spell.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/03/2018 06:59 PM CDT
Ah-ha!

Maybe this was the reason.

The injury came after the initial cast, but the buff showed up when I did conc so perhaps it stays as a buff monetarily when cast with flesh before falling off.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/04/2018 10:38 AM CDT
This version seems great, thanks everyone involved.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/05/2018 10:22 PM CDT

I think I'm the only person that loved the previous Devour :(
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/05/2018 11:36 PM CDT
This is better in every way.
RE: Devour Spell Rewrite 05/07/2018 12:30 PM CDT
>>I think I'm the only person that loved the previous Devour :(

IMO, the main advantage of old devour was that you didn't have to target a body part like you cast CF, with the tangential bonus of getting that one hidden internal that was stopping disease from going dormant.

This does all that and then some.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.