Risen Testing Notes 01/31/2018 05:19 PM CST
-Why so many different kinds of keys?
Is there any reason to own more than one metal/color? And why does one cost more than the others?

-The order in which goods are offered is different from peddler to peddler – is this intentional?
That is, one of the in-house folk (are we allowed to post their names here?) offers 1 scroll 2 torso 3 arm, while the other offers 1 scroll 2 eye 3 leg. Obviously not a big deal, but it is a little odd.

-The COMMAND interaction is slightly, annoying different from that of zombies/constructs: I must "command construct come" without including a "to" but I must "command risen TO <whatever>". I'd prefer to use "to" in both cases, but I'd prefer not using it in either case to having them be different.

-When ordering something from one of the peddlers, the response has a couple typos:
>order 3 from XXX
XXX says, "Okay, so you want to order . That will be 100 Kronars. Just"ORDER again if you're sure."
[repeat your order in the next 30 seconds to buy]

(Note the spacing around the period, and the weird quotes that I assume are supposed to be around just ORDER.)

Having added more than 1 item to a locker, I could not figure out how to get any beyond the first back out. STUDYing the locker did not provide a command to help, as far as I could tell. I had no problem retrieving the first item in the locker using PULL, but beyond that...:

>open lock
You open the cold locker with your key, revealing the decent head of a medium humanoid inside. It appears to be from a Human. The specimen is currently stored in small clamps, but you can PULL LOCKER to retrieve it.
>pull locker
You carefully retrieve a chilled Human head from the cold locker.
>look in locker
Looking into all the spaces in this cold locker, you see...
A decent quality torso from the body of a medium and rather unfortunate Human.
A decent quality arm from the body of a medium and rather unfortunate Human.
A decent quality arm from the body of a medium and rather unfortunate Human.
A decent quality leg from the body of a medium and rather unfortunate Human.
A decent quality leg from the body of a medium and rather unfortunate Human.
An empty space, ready for a specimen.
>get torso from lock
What were you referring to?
>get torso from locker
What were you referring to?
>pull locker
You start to retrieve something from your locker, but realize that it's empty.
>turn locker
You attempt to turn a cold locker, but that doesn't seem to do much.
>study locker
You think that you could do the following things to the locker:
PUT SPECIMEN IN LOCKER: Stores a butchered specimen in the locker.
OPEN LOCKER: Shows the current specimen that's inside the locker.
PULL LOCKER: Retrieves the current specimen from the locker.
LOOK LOCKER: Shows all current specimens stored in the locker.
CLEAN LOCKER: Removes and discards all specimens from the locker.
>close locker
You can't close that!
>open locker
You open the cold locker with your key, revealing this slot to be empty. You should probably find a specimen to fill it with….
>spin locker
You can't spin that.
>turn locker
You attempt to turn a cold locker, but that doesn't seem to do much.
Etc.

Re: Risen Testing Notes 01/31/2018 05:40 PM CST
>keys

Each kind of key acts as a separate locker in case you need the extra storage space. If you never find yourself needing to store more than 10 things then you'll never need more than 1 kind of key. And each key only works in the guild you purchased it from - you can't access your Zoluren storage from Therengia or vice versa.

>getting parts out of the locker

You'll need to TURN your key in order to access different slots of the locker. I believe studying the key shows all the commands.
Re: Risen Testing Notes 01/31/2018 05:44 PM CST
>Why so many different kinds of keys?
Each key links to a full set of lockers. Since each key has 10 storage locations, having 10 different keys means you have 100 total locations.

>Is there any reason to own more than one metal/color? And why does one cost more than the others?
Because of the above, it aids you in seperating and sorting. IE. Place all your HEADS in the gold key, all your legs in the silver key, etc.

>The order in which goods are offered is different from peddler to peddler – is this intentional?
IIRC it was said that scrolls wont be available from the attendants but will be placed on a table. Order of goods outside of scrolls may just be due to the menu system.

>Having added more than 1 item to a locker, I could not figure out how to get any beyond the first back out. STUDYing the locker did not provide a command to help, as far as I could tell. I had no problem retrieving the first item in the locker using PULL, but beyond that...

Study KEY is what you need to do. Turn Key to #, Pull locker.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Risen Testing Notes 01/31/2018 05:49 PM CST
Study KEY. Nice. Thanks.