Re: Risen 12/29/2017 11:32 PM CST
Thanks for putting Risen on the test instance! A lot of us are very pleased to be able to help out during the QC process.

I'll try not to delve too deeply here because I know things are still being fixed/tweaked/changed, but I do have a couple of questions.

Around what circle/skill level are necromancers expected to begin utilizing Risen? As someone with roughly 100th circle equivalent skills, I get the feeling that I'm still on the low-mid end of the spectrum - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and may have something to do with my second question.

What exactly determines how effective you are at butchery? I've caught on to the fact that there's some sort of leveling-up system at play, whereby if you butcher strong enough creatures your skill increases. I started off at 'poor skill' and advanced up to 'slight skill' after hunting an at level mob to the point that it no longer gives me the 'your skill with butchery has increased' message.

It is a little jarring to be getting mediocre specimens off of creatures that you can very easily acquire flawless fetish material from, but that could just be because my expectations are in the wrong place.
Re: Risen 12/30/2017 12:21 PM CST
>perf awaken
You believe that your servant is weary and must rest for a while longer before you can awaken it again.

What governs this timer?
Is it per risen or global? (i've made two, could be coincidence, but each time i've noticed it on one it's been on both)
Is there any way to see how much longer it will be?
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 01:21 PM CST
One bug and one huh:

Bug: I went into one of the labs yesterday to read the instructions. I forget if I left normally or I logged off inside there, but when I came back today I could no longer enter any of the labs. Every door says: “You are already using a laboratory. You should go back to that one instead.” I never actually tried to assemble anything, just read the instructions inside. And the door I originally went into also won’t let me in again. So I’m effectively blocked from using this system right now in Test, presumably without GM intervention resetting some variable on me?

Huh: Perform butcher is random on the body part it chooses? The imprecision here doesn’t make sense given Necros are used to gameplay where they have to target non-desirable areas of a body when killing so they can heal off of non-damaged areas. Can we get something similar to how CF works where we choose the body part but can’t use a damaged part on the creature to butcher? The randomness was decidedly less fun and kind of annoying when trying to collect the parts (I got something like 6 or 7 torsos before I got 2 arms and legs so I'm just throwing meat left and right on the battlefield like this is some super gross slot machine).

Very excited to see what else is in store though. Cheers!
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 03:39 PM CST
>Around what circle/skill level are necromancers expected to begin utilizing Risen? What exactly determines how effective you are at butchery?

There's a hidden skill similar to astrology that you'll need to work up. There's grandfathering that goes into play, though.

>What governs this timer?

It's per risen, though this is acting a little oddly currently. I'm adding an ability to see how much longer it's going to be.

>Labs locking you out forever

I'm working on getting that fixed now.

>Bodypart Roulette

This is a reasonable request, and I'll change it so that you can go for the body part you actually want.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 04:13 PM CST

>I got something like 6 or 7 torsos before I got 2 arms and legs

In addition to the body part roulette being kind of annoying, it seems to me like there should be some limitations on critters with what you can butcher. Critters should have no more than 2 eyes, 1 brain, 1 head, 1 torso, and a maximum of 2 hands and 2 legs. Ophidians shouldn't have limbs, while maybe some insects can have more than 2 arms/legs.

I'm also a little confused, but maybe this will be revealed through test, what the difference between eyes, brains, and heads are in this system. While I'm so very glad that I got to write a sentence indicating ignorance of the distinction between eyes, brains, and heads, it seems that all three can be be used for 'motor functions', and I'm unclear if heads include a brain and/or eyes. And why all three seem to be able to be used as torsos or appendages.

Long Live Ocular Maximus, the Risen made entirely of eyes.
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 04:29 PM CST
>>And why all three seem to be able to be used as torsos or appendages.

Because I want to create Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc, but as a more evil beholder.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 04:46 PM CST

We genuinely couldn't tell if it was intentional or not, and were extremely pleased with it.
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 04:54 PM CST
>and I'm unclear if heads include a brain and/or eyes. And why all three seem to be able to be used as torsos or appendages.

Heads do actually include Brain/Eyes.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 05:17 PM CST
>>It's per risen, though this is acting a little oddly currently. I'm adding an ability to see how much longer it's going to be.

I'm seeing times ranging from 20 minutes to an hour now. Is that around what we should expect?

>>This is a reasonable request, and I'll change it so that you can go for the body part you actually want.

Very nice, that'll make it a LOT less clunky to build what you want.
Re: Risen 12/31/2017 07:15 PM CST

> There's a hidden skill similar to astrology that you'll need to work up. There's grandfathering that goes into play, though.

Can you provide more details on this? Will it be First Aid (potentially renamed to Anatomy), something like prestige or work-order counts without the decay (invisible to players), or will it just have pools that you have to fill before unloading them (like prediction)?