Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 04:58 PM CST
>>THE CHORUS DISCORDANT

Can you tell us what this does? Knowing why it might sing would help with writing the messaging I think.
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 05:03 PM CST
>>Can you tell us what this does? Knowing why it might sing would help with writing the messaging I think.

-mana for every type in the room except Arcane, based on the Risen's quality (more is better) and inhumanity (less humanity is better).

So far none of the room messaging indicates what's going on beneath the surface, it's all the risen rocking out.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 05:05 PM CST
>>Can you tell us what this does? Knowing why it might sing would help with writing the messaging I think.

Similarly, can you give us an idea what it might look like? Knowing whether it possess multiple mouths or not, for example, will aid the writing process.
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 05:07 PM CST
>>Similarly, can you give us an idea what it might look like? Knowing whether it possess multiple mouths or not, for example, will aid the writing process.

The anatomy of a Risen is up to the Necromancer building it. I briefly considered giving the Chorus a bonus to its potency if the Risen has multiple heads, but I was lazy.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 05:26 PM CST

Just to make sure I'm reading this right for the submission - this is specifically a call for atmo relating to a Risen ability that can be summarized as 'Chorus', and not a call for generic Risen atmo? And the messaging is dependent upon the viewers mana affinity, as well as the Risens quality/humanity?
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 05:29 PM CST
>>Just to make sure I'm reading this right for the submission - this is specifically a call for atmo relating to a Risen ability that can be summarized as 'Chorus', and not a call for generic Risen atmo?

Yup.

>>And the messaging is dependent upon the viewers mana affinity, as well as the Risens quality/humanity?

Nope. Messaging does not indicate what's happening with the mana, as far as the uninformed viewer in the room knows, the Risen is having a blasphemous rock session.

Quality/humanity does not affect messaging, it affects how potent the ability is.

-Armifer
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 07:49 PM CST
>>DR-Armifer: THE CHORUS DISCORDANT

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqF7C96j5S0u8Ve7_1i3gOodjH3OG7Aik

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 08:09 PM CST
>>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqF7C96j5S0u8Ve7_1i3gOodjH3OG7Aik

My original inspiration was the title for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGj-hDDFktI

But the HPLHS stuff is golden too.

-Armifer
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/18/2017 09:47 AM CST

probably a silly question, but just want to make sure - your email address that we should send these to is DR-ARMIFER@play.net, correct?
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/18/2017 09:58 AM CST
Yup.

-Armifer
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 06:48 PM CST
>>Abasha says, "Okay the fact that you have a four-headed abomination screaming a sacred chorus is pretty awesome."
>>You ask, "Can I post that on the forums?"
>>Abasha says, "Yes."

Excitement intensifying.
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 07:33 PM CST
>>Excitement intensifying.

So, Risen.

I am not willing to give a timeframe for release because we know how that goes and how things happen.

That said, I want to discuss a bit about how the QC process goes. The amount of time it takes to QC a system is not set in stone, because the actual process of QCing a release is not always constant. I'd say these days most QCs are pretty short, because we're tending towards either smaller projects or projects that can be digested in individual bits.

For example, let's take two major projects we've recently touched, Trader Magic and Risen. Trader Magic was implemented by three GMs and broken into over 22 QC projects also done by multiple GMs. Risen has a single principle developer (though the entire Team Necro has worked on it, the vast majority of the technical implementation has come down to one person) and is a single QC, because there are so many interdependencies among the Risen code bits that it wouldn't make sense to break it up.

Now, I can't get into personal information and stuff, but we have said before when this has come up that real life issues got dramatically in the way. This puts a wrench in a QC that was already destined to be a slow process.

Where are we now?

The team is actively working on the Risen QC. There are bugs, and they need to be fixed. Some are easy to fix, some are not so easy to fix. I am not going to promise tomorrow. I am not going to say "Soon (tm)" except for this self-referential sentence. But we are moving in the Risen direction.

-Armifer
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 08:41 PM CST

From some of these preliminary glimpses at what I assume is only a part of the whole shebang, I have to admit, Risen are nothing like what I anticipated. I really enjoyed the way you reached out to the player base for submissions for messaging, and hope there are more opportunities like that, both for Risen and in general. Thanks for the update!
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 09:30 PM CST
Thank you for the update, Armifer!