Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Blood Burst Version Something.Something ::Nudge:: 11/29/2017 04:43 PM CST
Just a reminder that guild versus guild discussions are never productive, especially in the Necromancer folder which has a lower level of tolerance.

Let's please get back on the topic of necromancer-ey things.

Thanks!
Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Blood Burst Version Something.Something 11/29/2017 09:44 PM CST

>They can also cast Vigil on the target they are conflicting with
A Vigil link will be collapsed when harmful spirit damaging attacks are used against that target. (AKA you can't Vigil Bob and also Soul Attrition him).
Re: Blood Burst Version Something.Something 12/01/2017 03:23 AM CST
I'm just now reading about this change but had a twisted little idea if route #3 to redesign the spell ever happens. I haven't tried the new version yet so no critiques there. I like the sound of where its at and I like the idea of having an actual reason to cast SV once in a while. But if we wanna get creative...

Have a successful hit 'tag' the target with a short (5-20 second, partially skillbased, partially random?), strong debuff or perhaps a pulsing balance loss. Rather than perform cut mitigating vitality loss at the start (we can simply revert to major vit loss without bleeder, and reduced loss with), you can then detonate the 'tag' by performing cut, initiating a second damage component and the possible knockdown. Still fits thematically with the exploding blood and whatnot. The severity of the potential detonation would build while the tag matures (it would do almost nothing if done immediately after placing the tag), but if you wait too long the tag will expire and you lose your chance to trigger. (Perhaps some role for thanatology in the duration of the tag, mitigating randomness to make it more predictable, or perhaps warning of expiration?)

This all would make it a pretty devastating and flavorful spell that I wouldn't mind sinking multiple slots (and vitality) into. It could (depending on design/implementation) require some skill at timing to get the most out of the debuff and the detonation.

On the vit cost end, honestly, I wouldn't mind keeping a pet bleeder (or perform cut giving us up to a "deep cuts" hand bleeder; not cumulative over that threshold) if we were finally given some kind of disease mitigation (even if just via Remedies). I actually like the idea of the penalty side of the spell if it gives us an appropriately devastating tool. We've got plenty of options for vanilla TM and I think blb has room to be pretty out there.
Re: Blood Burst Version Something.Something 12/01/2017 10:50 AM CST

I think that is a pretty cool idea of incorporating PERF CUT in and making it a neat DaT.
Re: Blood Burst Version Something.Something 12/01/2017 02:17 PM CST
Initial damage upon cast, lasting effect, triggered again every time the necro perf cuts after that for X charges depending on the potency and success but not before Y moments have passed between last perf cut.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page