RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 06:43 PM CDT
I plan to make a submission, I already have a general concept down. My problem is, however, I am a Warrior Mage. While I know I am in no place IC to submit anything, I was wondering if it is still possible.

I COULD always make a necromancer, if that would appease the deciding party, but only if I must.

I was honestly just hoping to make a submission for the shear opportunity to write creatively.

I saw the post from the main page.
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 07:08 PM CDT
Book submissions are always welcome for general writing, but for the purposes of this particular contest only Necromancer PCs can get the rewards -- after all, it'd be a little awkward for a Warrior Mage to be at a celebratory Necroevent.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 07:12 PM CDT

Not lookin for any prize or glory, however, the topic of this chapter would best be used in that specific library. I'll email as general writing though. It probably wouldn't even make it past the initial voting process.
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 07:28 PM CDT
What about coauthorships? Myself and some others are collaborating, maybe a nonnecro could get in on that?

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 07:34 PM CDT
For sanity's sake I'm going to say determine who's going to be the primary author (who must be a Necromancer) and they are the one that gets the rewards, they can acknowledge more people as co-authors if they wish, and those co-authors can be of any guild.

Generally speaking I'd encourage more individual efforts rather than fewer joint efforts, but I won't turn joint efforts away.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 08:10 PM CDT
>For sanity's sake I'm going to say determine who's going to be the primary author (who must be a Necromancer) and they are the one that gets the rewards, they can acknowledge more people as co-authors if they wish, and those co-authors can be of any guild.

Heh. Write a necrobook and cite Whiteburn (etc.) as coauthors just to watch the world burn (obviously the GMs are smart enough to catch that, I thought it was funny).
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 04/24/2016 10:06 PM CDT
>>it'd be a little awkward for a Warrior Mage to be at a celebratory Necroevent.

I have some suggestions on making this work :)

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 12:50 PM CDT

Have we decided if non-necros can still make submissions to this contest? It seems the answer is a soft "no", but I'm getting conflicting info. Also, I'm not really particular about any rewards, just so the book itself might be put on a shelf somewhere. Oh, and I also don't mind if an existing Necro puts his/her name on it and claim credit for it as well... it's for the love of the art that I toil I suppose.
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 12:51 PM CDT
IIRC he already responded to that question with a no. You can collaborate on authorship but a Necromancer's name must be somewhere on it.

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 02:40 PM CDT

:-( That's too bad. ::deletes a few Word documents::
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 02:45 PM CDT
Why, just write them up and do as you said, find some Necromancer to submit them for you.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 03:55 PM CDT
Find a Necromancer to collaborate with in-game if you really want something you wrote to be featured in a Necromancer library. Y'know, do some arrpee. vOv

Thayet

RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 05/26/2016 06:35 PM CDT

Hmmm, I could do something fun, like an alchemical procedure for the proper preservation of dead bodies. You know with the ingredient list only being deciphered through the use of the true author's name... because vanity.
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 01/30/2017 11:49 PM CST
Did anything ever come of this? Been a while now.

"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 01/31/2017 08:14 AM CST

Nope. Back in August armifer said it got away from him. I asked if we could at least have the entries released, because I really liked reading the few that people shared with me, so, bump for that!
RE: Contest: Necrolibrary 03/12/2017 10:02 PM CDT
Any chance of an update regarding sharing the books that were submitted? Would love to read more than the few that were shared with me. Thanks!