Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/17/2016 07:06 PM CDT
> But BTN was described as 'heavy TM'? Is it not 'heavy TM', but rather, 'a unique sort of TM sort of like a short duration QE' instead?

Basically. Another point of comparison would be BG, but without the multi-strike penalty.

When Raesh says it's not a heavy TM, he means that its attacks don't run through the heavy TM code, and thus don't get the increased damage that heavy TMs get.
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/17/2016 07:29 PM CDT
>>When Raesh says it's not a heavy TM, he means that its attacks don't run through the heavy TM code, and thus don't get the increased damage that heavy TMs get.

It doesn't run through the normal TM code for that matter. Or, really, any TM code.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 06:48 AM CDT

Ok, so I hope you can see my confusion and why I brought it up originally. If the only similarity to Heavy TM is 'it's on the heavy TM timer', then nevermind. Calling it a 'heavy TM equivalent' must have been a mistake.

>Another point of comparison would be BG, but without the multi-strike penalty.

I brought up BG. I'm curious what Warmies think of it as a heavy TM, so we can discuss whether BLB is balanced.
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 11:16 AM CDT
>Calling it a 'resew TM equivalent' must have been a mistake.

It wasn't a mistake, though 'replacement' may have been a better word choice.

>I brought up BG.

BG is not heavy TM.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 01:46 PM CDT

>BG is not heavy TM.

Wat? What the hell is going on then? I thought DB was updated to the Heavy TM template? Or are spits/exhales just also on the Heavy TM timer, like BTN?
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 01:49 PM CDT

>>>BG is not heavy TM.

>Wat? What the hell is going on then? I thought DB was updated to the Heavy TM template? Or are spits/exhales just also on the Heavy TM timer, like BTN?

BG =/= DB.
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 01:50 PM CDT
>>Jhaliascleric

May I suggest you avail yourself to the following link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLgYXPfWNEA0E4g74CQkeFOgij2WPDMAud80KcCJvy8/edit

Samsaren
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 01:50 PM CDT
>>>>BG is not heavy TM.

>>Wat? What the hell is going on then? I thought DB was updated to the Heavy TM template? Or are spits/exhales just also on the Heavy TM timer, like BTN?

Blufmor Garaen isn't Dragon's Breath.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 02:10 PM CDT

Goddammit - that was a typo. I meant DB. To repeat my question - What do Warmies think of DB?
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 02:21 PM CDT
>>Goddammit - that was a typo. I meant DB. To repeat my question - What do Warmies think of DB?

Hit approximately like a fully targeted normal TM spell when I was testing it, but doesn't have to be targeted so you can spit at something you've just disabled for nice burst damage. On its own merits, I think it's a good spell. Would take.

But idk if it's well representing the Heavy TM concept. For instance, maybe a capped BLB cast with my skills would do a bunch more damage. Maybe the planned WM single-target Heavy TM spell will blow it away. I've got no way to know.

Mazrian
Re: [TEST] Necromancer Spells 04/18/2016 02:27 PM CDT
>>Goddammit - that was a typo. I meant DB. To repeat my question - What do Warmies think of DB?

From what I've read, it sounds like a combat maneuver. While it's up, you can X every so often and it hurts a bit more than normal. From what I've read, they're also contemplating how heavy TM should work as a concept, but DB as a spell already had a nice place in the world, while BLB always had a bit of difficulty finding its identity in 3.0. So it's a bit unfair to compare how War Mages like DB converted to a Heavy TM model vs how Necros like BLB converted to a Heavy TM model.

Once again, from third party observation, DB has always had a niche that is now being fleshed out and refined as heavy TM spell. IMO, BLB still needs its "thing" that makes someone cast it instead of ACS/SV/VIV, so just making current BLB hurt "more" and flagging it as Heavy still doesn't answer what niche it is meant to fill from the get-go.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page