Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 12:37 PM CST
Thank you for this! Playing with them now and they look great so far!
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 12:58 PM CST
While I lost a few points from the appraisal, they seem much more responsive so I think this is probably a net gain. However I still sometimes see my zombie charge only to immediately retreat for no good reason.

An arisen wyvern zombie lunges forward, closing on a young wyvern before it can retreat!
The wyvern zombie retreats from combat.
>
An arisen wyvern zombie lunges forward, closing on a young wyvern before it can retreat!
An arisen wyvern zombie viciously lashes the side of its tail at a young wyvern. The tail lands a strong (7/23) hit to its left leg!

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 02:32 PM CST
So included in the update is not making them game breakingly overpowered at the high end right?

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 03:24 PM CST
Did you not read the last point? A solid nerf to zombies.

"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 03:45 PM CST
What is meant by stance no longer affecting OF/DF? Or am I misreading that?
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 03:55 PM CST
>What is meant by stance no longer affecting OF/DF? Or am I misreading that?

Command zombie Stance OFF/DEF granted a boost to the zombies OF or DF, basically. Now it doesnt.

Elusive
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 03:57 PM CST

Yikes, that's what I thought. Whelp, probably for the best with respect to how zombies were mostly used. Does this mean that STANCE now only affects the SPECIAL?
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 03:59 PM CST
They still have a passive ability based on stance, but yes that and the SPECIAL seem to be the only thing stance does now.

Elusive
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 04:19 PM CST

Passive ability?
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 04:22 PM CST
Zombies will charge from pole range when aggressive without commanding them to. In defensive they will croak at a single mob engaged to you and pull aggro.

Elusive
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 04:24 PM CST

I thought those were the SPECIAL maneuvers? Charge to melee and AoE taunt? I didn't realize there was also a passive charge and ST taunt. Neat.
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 04:30 PM CST
Well, STANCE seemed to basically buff OF at the cost of DF or vice versa. I guess with this now you won't see that DF loss on aggressive, but defenses on a zombie have never (in my experience) been a problem, so yeah, a nerf.

Of all the potential options for scaling back zombies this was probably the kindest. I mean, we still have RPU.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 04:31 PM CST
Yup, I tend to use the aggressive stance more often than not but the defensive passive is nice when you dont want to be swarmed.

An arisen wyvern zombie lets loose a piercing groan in the direction of a young wyvern. The wyvern is drawn to the sound!

Elusive
Re:Zombie updates! 01/31/2016 05:24 PM CST
>>I thought those were the SPECIAL maneuvers? Charge to melee and AoE taunt? I didn't realize there was also a passive charge and ST taunt. Neat.

The SPECIAL ones were +1 editions of the passive.

Zombie Ability Passive Special
offensive Charge mob from pole Insta-charge+attack from any distance
defensive Taunt/Pull one mob Taunt/Pull full room

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.