re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/22/2015 06:56 PM CDT
Very nice.

Minor issue with Dissect however... Looks like its missing a reference to something, I get the below when working on Wyverns.

You learn something both of the _ and the Great Work through the examination.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/22/2015 08:39 PM CDT
I'm finding that experience is very low for 10s RT and prevention of other rituals.
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 08:25 AM CDT
You would say that PRE/ARISE is better for 14sec investment than DISS for 10? Not arguing, I'm curious of your take on it.

Illimin
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 08:46 AM CDT
One also has to take into account secondary costs. No DO hit for the new guy, you're paying for the extra EXP on the Pres/Arise combo via Time and DO.

Samsaren
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 08:56 AM CDT
I'm hoping to be told that while the Than learning is less on Dissect, that the FA is better than pre/arise.

Illimin
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 12:35 PM CDT

Good EXP for DISSECTION, just have to unlearn 20 circles worth of the habit of PREPARE PRESERVE followed by HARVEST now that PRESERVE gives DO. Been avoiding that until I get my little Necro a lot higher.
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 12:45 PM CDT
Ritual DO is so minimal it really doesn't matter too much.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 01:43 PM CDT
>>You would say that PRE/ARISE is better for 14sec investment than DISS for 10? Not arguing, I'm curious of your take on it.

It appears that Diss teaches more FA than Than.

As an aside, it would be neat if:
1) all performances had a measurable non-binary result message so we can better understanding how hard the task was vs skill (similar to harvest giving material qualities). Also having non-100% results teach better. Using harvest in mountain giants gives me "good" material but exp still seems low.
2) performances had an arrange-like difficulty enhancer. Having FA/Than 100 ranks higher than most combats means i have to keep grinding tert skills heavily before I can start moving primes effectively. I have the same situation with evasion, but that's another story
3) could excess than spillover convert to FA or Skinning in the performances that train both?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 01:55 PM CDT

I'm still uncertain how ritual experience is awarded. I remember reading that all rituals provide the same XP, just divided over skills differently - is that still true?

Obviously the biggest perk with Dissection is the lack of DO generation and the ability to be used on the undead - so, that's a pretty neat tool.
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 08/23/2015 08:31 PM CDT
>> You would say that PRE/ARISE is better for 14sec investment than DISS for 10? Not arguing, I'm curious of your take on it.

I think preserve / harvest (or preserve / consume now) is better for 8sec investment.

Perf dissect may only be intended for when...
1. DO is a problem, or
2. Hunting undead
3. You want FA experience more than thanatology

...but outside of those scenarios it doesn't teach thanatology well enough for 10 second RT IMHO. I like the changes though. Good stuff.
re: Necromantic Rituals Update 09/29/2015 09:25 PM CDT
might be a bit late to the party, but i've noticed that arranging a critter teaches skinning on it's own, and i've also noticed that when i'm on the edge of being able to complete a dissection, arranging the critter makes it harder.. i have NOT been able to test to see if this increased difficulty also results in an increased skill gain... but if it does, it might prove useful for those who are on the other end of the spectrum, and need a slightly more difficult dissect, but don't have the combats to move further.. watch out though, you'll also need the skinning skill to not ruin the corpse in the process, since a failed arrange will essentially skin it without giving the skin, and thus stops you from being able to dissect it.

one of the things my young necro has been doing is arranging the corpses, check how my thanatology is doing, and if it's near full, OR if there's someone else around, i'll skin the critter rather than dissect it, which for my particular character gives me something to either use for tailoring or something to scrape clean and sell for some extra coin... which means i don't lose out by having mind locked on what i'm killing.. again, for the people on the other end of the spectrum, if it doesn't teach THAN/FA anymore, the pelt/part/bone can be used elsewhere anyway, so at least it doesn't go completely to waste.. and it covers one of my survival requirements.

>The shadowling exclaims, "Mana neeto!"