Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 06:50 PM CDT
How many spell slots? Its the only piece of missing info I have to add it to the spell tree.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 06:51 PM CDT
One slot.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 06:53 PM CDT
Thanks!

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 06:53 PM CDT
>dance carlton

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 07:22 PM CDT

... I'm having a total non-comprehension moment here - Liturgy makes it so RoG will remove Trans spells? What is the use of that, given that RoG whole purpose is to mask Trans spells.
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 07:26 PM CDT
>>... I'm having a total non-comprehension moment here - Liturgy makes it so RoG will remove Trans spells? What is the use of that, given that RoG whole purpose is to mask Trans spells.

Provided I understood it correctly it replaces RoC's trans removal with RoG's trans hiding while keeping the DO reduction.
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 07:34 PM CDT
It adds all of RoC's DO reduction and supernatural masking powers to RoG.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 07:59 PM CDT

>It adds all of RoC's DO reduction and supernatural masking powers to RoG.

Oh, but does not strip Trans spells, correct? So... you could feasibly have Trans spells up in town and not have their effect add to the probability of being successfully accused?
Re: Liturgy 08/03/2015 08:06 PM CDT
I think that's the general thrust of it yeah.

And then you can still cast ROC itself to strip off your Trans buffs if that's what you want, I assume.

Thayet
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 06:42 AM CDT
Handy. I will have to pick up the chain now. Thank you.

Condran Arkarm
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 07:41 PM CDT
complete lowly novice comment here, but thought i'd share.

I can see how this spell would be useful to big boys & big girls in town. And with the pace of GM developments on this very classic game, I'm glad to see anytime something new rolls out. So my appreciation to the GMs time and efforts.

From a novice perspective. nothing about the last two Necro spells has really Jazzed me up and made me say, ah man I wanna level up to level (whatever) for a very situational noncombat spell.

If you're looking for suggestions, I'd be excited to hear more hints/explanation or development on fetishes. Lowbie useable poisons, thanatology applications etc. Perhaps a mudman that could use my sword against foes to help me learn that weapon and thanatology. Perhaps a mudman that's capable of guarding his master or a specified PC. A cool Roleplay feature might be the ability utilize skinned bones to construct Warning totems that necromancers could use to "claim a hunting area." The claimed area might provide the necro a small bonus and/or cause creates slain by non-necromancers to rise as zombies with an undead bonus but minimal teaching value. The "hassel" could encourage non-necros who want to use the hunting area to seek out and destroy these totems erected by the necromancers. I think this would create more roleplay conflict.

I appologize if my suggestions are dumb or ignorant of other lore/updates. I'm just trying to provide feedback from the novice player level. Hope its helpful to the improvement of the game.
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 08:18 PM CDT
So, have you read the newbie necro guide?

>From a novice perspective. nothing about the last two Necro spells has really Jazzed me up and made me say, ah man I wanna level up to level (whatever) for a very situational noncombat spell.

So, pick some milestones, and work towards them. Vivisection is a great one, and vivisection just got a pretty neat buff.

> Lowbie useable poisons

These aren't a thing for anyone.

>Perhaps a mudman that could use my sword against foes to help me learn that weapon and thanatology.

Your mudman is a low level construct that is really powerful. As a necromancer, learning weapons isn't something that need really concern you.

>Perhaps a mudman that's capable of guarding his master or a specified PC.

No necromancer ability will directly benefit someone else, but your zombie can guard you.

The novice stuff that needs work is some of the spell breakdowns, but with the barrier review impending, Necromancers biggest training gap (low level warding) is getting some love with a non-trans spell. I hear your frustrations, but it actually sounds a bit like you're more upset with a lack of overall tools, instead of specifically a lack of newbie tools?
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 08:47 PM CDT
The nature of RoG and Liturgy by extension will make it a very niche spell that doesn't appeal to many Necromancers. I think that's fine. It's there for people who want to remain somewhat incognito, which won't be a lot of Necromancers. Our full toolkit, zombie and all, is WAY more fun to just fly with sometimes, which makes the whole notion of hiding your trans spells a bit moot.

Thayet
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 09:23 PM CDT
>>From a novice perspective. nothing about the last two Necro spells has really Jazzed me up and made me say, ah man I wanna level up to level (whatever) for a very situational noncombat spell.

At lower levels you should already be jazzed up at working toward VIV, USOL, CH, CFB, etc.

Plus the viv metaspell is pretty neat and worth getting IMO.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Liturgy 08/04/2015 10:31 PM CDT

It's a pretty stellar metaspell. I don't see it as niche at all. On a general level... You don't have to drop your trans buffs anymore when you want to run into town. Plus, RoC can help protect you out in the field from wandering eyes. RoG allows you to use buffs in combat without being outed. (Plus ROC now.)

For slightly niche use... you can now fight in town with trans buffs AND ROC. This will greatly help the necromancer from being instant arrested. This spell combined with the latest accuse changes by Raesh makes Necromancers highly likely to survive longer then 30 seconds before being hounded. It's a great victory in my eyes. (Not being fond of hounding.)
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 12:00 AM CDT

>latest accuse changes by Raesh

What changes?
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 12:19 AM CDT

>latest accuse changes by Raesh

>>> What changes?

PAFO. :P
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 12:55 AM CDT
>>latest accuse changes by Raesh

I didn't change anything. I just fixed a bug that was preventing some previously announced changes to work properly.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 12:39 PM CDT

You know, somewhat related -

It occurs to me that all three of our DO altering spells are named for religious rites. I presume this is intentional, and maybe even obvious to everyone else, but as an atheist IRL who doesn't think about religion very frequently anymore, it's interesting and amusing to me that Necromancers, in their efforts to defy the Immortals via a somewhat shady and spurious back door, so to speak, mitigate some of the blowback from that process via what is at least superficially compared to religiosity.

Liturgy, Rite of Contrition and Rite of Grace could all be manifestations of magic/corruption/psychic handwaviness, but it's cool to remember that Necromancers and Clerics alike have a pretty direct line to the Immortals, and their activities reflect that.
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 01:20 PM CDT
Amusingly, neither RoC nor RoG are named after Catholic rites, they just sound like they might've been -- which is more fitting than an actual religious reference would be.

-Armifer
Re: Liturgy 08/05/2015 03:45 PM CDT
>> I didn't change anything. I just fixed a bug that was preventing some previously announced changes to work properly.

Oooo. I'm on a roll with the bug finding/smashing!

Anyways, I was kidding with the PAFO but I forgot about responding again until just now. When you accuse necromancy, there is now a short timer no matter what the result. The end result of this bug fix is that now if a necromancer is mucking about in town and you accuse him when he's invis, you won't be able to accuse him again for awhile. So you need to see the necromancer, run off to find a guard, and hope hes still visible when you accuse.

This gives a necromancer who is in town (for a purpose) a lot more protection from random accusing. For example popping out to buy a herb or use the bank. I'm also a lot less worried being accused during steal runs during the times I'm unhidden.

On the other hand, the necromancer standing around in town chatting it up, is still going to be in hot water.

> accuse XXXX necromancy

The town guard brushes you off, complaining that XXX hasn't been spotted in the city and you shouldn't be wasting xxx time.
>
> accuse XXX necromancy
The town guard looks at you sternly and says, "Maybe you shouldn't push your luck."