Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 08:33 PM CDT
Anyone able to cut and paste the DISCERN, so I can add the details to the wiki? If someone wants to do it feel free as well, although I would still like to know the slot cost and have confirmation that it is a Corruption spellbook spell with Eyes of the Blind as a prerequisite so I can add it to your graphical spell tree.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:25 PM CDT
<<so I can add it to your graphical spell tree.

Done.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:27 PM CDT
Added it before I saw this but here's the raw text:

While it is considered a sister to the Rite of Contrition spell, the two matrices are at their hearts very different. Where Rite of Contrition weaves sublime corruption to fool supernatural senses, the Rite of Grace bombards the physical senses. The Rite of Grace captures the magician's self-image and uses that as the centerpiece of a psychic miasma that attacks everyone's senses and clear thinking in the area. Transcendental mutations can thus be hidden and what is not hidden is rendered unspeakable. The spell is not flawless and can only hide a certain number of mutations.

This is a non-battle spell that can be cast on a single target. Non-battle spells have significantly longer preparation times than battle spells. This is a cyclic spell. To cast this kind of spell, prepare it at the amount of mana you wish to cast it at, and then cast it. This spell will continually pulse as long as you have harnessed enough mana to fuel the mana requirements. Cambrinth also works as a source of fuel for cyclic spells, as does your raw attunement if you have the Raw Channeling feat. It can be cast without a target. It requires a minimum of four mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of twenty-nine mana streams woven into it. To begin to be able to cast this spell, you will need to reach the rank of a proficient practitioner. By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a distinguished master in your abilities as a caster. It requires the Utility skill to cast effectively. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Eyes of the Blind. It will also cost one spell slot.

The spell requires at minimum 4 mana streams and you think you can reinforce it with 25 more, for a total of 29 streams.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:27 PM CDT

Is this a separate spell, or a metaspell addition to ROC?
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:31 PM CDT
>>Is this a separate spell, or a metaspell addition to ROC?

Entirely new cyclic.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:31 PM CDT
Separate. I.e. you have to choose one or the other. Hide your DO or hide your buffs.

Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:34 PM CDT
>>Separate. I.e. you have to choose one or the other. Hide your DO or hide your buffs.

I've yet to try it, but the spell description also makes it sound like all it hides are the ambient tells. Wondering if whacking a Necro with ROG and CH up will still show CH triggering.

Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/08/2015 09:39 PM CDT

Interesting, I can see a use for both spells. ROC if you are still able to hide among others, but once you are known there is less and less reason to use ROC over this in my opinion. Either way, thanks for this. Makes hunting a little less obvious when using buffs. Now we just need to hope lich/transcending quests are nearly done and ready for testing.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 12:38 AM CDT
CH activating will still message, (soon) Arms of Bone will still very clearly be blocking an arrow with your arm, etc.

Arrpee wise, the "illusion" of RoG is around the outer limits of what Corruption is capable of (and a few years ago I would've said isn't possible at all). It's always this kind of crude bombardment of self or the senses with a sort of mental radiation. RoG turns it up to 11 until even your physical image gets lost in an Obfuscation-like field. It just doesn't have the sophistication or juice to compensate for active displays. For that you'd need a Moon Mage, or, better, Trader-grade illusion magic.

System wise, I chose to put in this limitation over literally rewriting every Transcendental buff. Call me lazy, but I reached the limit on what kind of ROI I was willing to support at the moment.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 07:22 AM CDT

> ROC if you are still able to hide among others, but once you are known there is less and less reason to use ROC over this in my opinion

Well RoC still removes Trans buffs. If you want to walk into town for anything, RoC is pretty clutch.

Does anyone know how much mana is required to hide x number of Trans buffs?

Also,

>Arms of Bone will still very clearly be blocking an arrow with your arm

wat. This doesn't ring a bell from what was discussed around new years. What spells are in the pipeline for us?
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 07:53 AM CDT
>>wat. This doesn't ring a bell from what was discussed around new years. What spells are in the pipeline for us?

From: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/General%20Discussions/view/5325

"Details may change, but teasers are:

Hands of Bone is an Advanced Warding Transcendental Buff. It's going to be a pretty niche spell, not for everyone, but everyone I pitched it to agreed it's a niche Necromancers ought to be able to fill.

Isolation is an Esoteric Utility Corruption spell. I think it'll be broadly appealing. Probably will become a signature spell.

Rite of Grace is an Advanced Utility Cyclic Corruption spell. A sister spell to RoC.

Liturgy is a metaspell that lets you use squish together RoC and Rite of Grace at the cost of an additional slot."

IIRC there was some discussion further in that thread of what each would do but basically hands of bone was pitched as turning your arms to bone and allowing them to be used for parry/shield and isolation would create a hidden personal room (think necro FoI) with limited actions allowed inside.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 09:20 AM CDT
>>Well RoC still removes Trans buffs. If you want to walk into town for anything, RoC is pretty clutch.

Yeah. Also if you are totally badass bat-pooping viking helmet Necromancer you eventually won't find a use for any of the Rites.

>>What spells are in the pipeline for us?

Liturgy might or might not be in the near future. I'm contemplating scraping it.

Hand of Bone got renamed to Arms of Bone. After Liturgy/next, dependent. Kodius already wrote the combat hooks for it, I just need to get off my butt and write the spell.

Isolation is probably later term future. I have come up with a few (un-proposed at the moment) combat spells I'll probably push through before it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 11:15 AM CDT

Schweet. Schweet schweet schweet.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 03:32 PM CDT
Thanks for this. Might actually use those spells a bit, now!
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 08:09 PM CDT
So, how useful will arms of bone be? Better than a mediocre tanned shield or no? Would be nice if it was actually a pretty nice shield...
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 08:11 PM CDT
I'm not actually sure what the "app" of it is, off hand, other than that there's four increasing more defensive versions that I'll tie into Potency.

-Armifer
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 08:13 PM CDT
I'm more curious about what kind of hindrance it'll have.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 08:14 PM CDT
>>System wise, I chose to put in this limitation over literally rewriting every Transcendental buff. Call me lazy, but I reached the limit on what kind of ROI I was willing to support at the moment.

For what it's worth, if you just said "ICly it's the illusion not being perfect," I would have easily accepted it, hah. It makes total sense and I think it's pretty neat.

>>So, how useful will arms of bone be? Better than a mediocre tanned shield or no? Would be nice if it was actually a pretty nice shield...

It's going to be terrible and useless that is why they're putting time and effort into it.

Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 08:40 PM CDT
When capped it should be a really good shield, yes. Not Tyrium quality, but better than capped steel.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 09:16 PM CDT

Is the gist that it's a tool for use if you die and lose your gear? Or that if you've got a shield and parrying capable weapon that it'll be good for additional defensive protection?
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 09:24 PM CDT
Its intended niche is for death and item loss situations. Small niche, but one that's received considerable attention in the category.

I certainly hope that some people will enjoy the aesthetics and/or stats and use it without duress, though.

-Armifer
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/09/2015 10:40 PM CDT
Pretty amazing spell.

I love any spells that let me replace item slots with spells.

Plus, depart guild + bone shield = happy necro. Maybe you can dig your grave out without getting plowed.

Although...might be nice to have an autocast option while rezzing from SRE.... new metaspell ?:)
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/10/2015 06:47 AM CDT

>Although...might be nice to have an autocast option while rezzing from SRE.... new metaspell

That is an awesome image... A fully buffed Necromancer stands back up.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/10/2015 07:36 AM CDT

The thought of a fully buffed necromancer standing back up after SRE makes me grin, but also wonder if there would be much point to it(unless the necro died unbuffed/unaware, and somehow the sting wasn't an issue for whatever was standing over the necromancer corpse). Not sure all buffs would be a way to go, maybe only the known Transcendental spells as a means of expressing the monster within attempting to wrest control of our beings.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/10/2015 10:16 AM CDT
Or, even better:

You SRE with known Trans buffs, and do a miasma AoE debilitate on the room that also applies a particularly nasty disease on everything - or does a one-off SV on everything that was in melee. With a significant DO spike.

"Nobody cares about the feasibility of Sidhlot's portrayal of evil. That's not the point. He's older than dragons and so metal he poops viking helmets." - Armifer

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu-proxy R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/10/2015 10:50 AM CDT
>I certainly hope that some people will enjoy the aesthetics and/or stats and use it without duress, though.

I'd use it just to use it. Very amused by the idea and so far the Necro spell messaging is so beyond cool I'm looking forward to more.

Condran Arkarm
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/11/2015 01:56 AM CDT

>I'd use it just to use it. Very amused by the idea and so far the Necro spell messaging is so beyond cool I'm looking forward to more.

Necros by far have the coolest messaging with everything out of all the guilds, so well done!
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/11/2015 11:21 AM CDT
<It's going to be terrible and useless that is why they're putting time and effort into it.

Since a GM commented on it being a niche spell originally it was a valid question. The focus has obviously changed for the better which i'm happy to hear, sounds neat. Kodius more of less gave me the information I was fishing for, so not sure why the condescending post.
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/11/2015 01:25 PM CDT
The Necormancer folder is a no-conflicts folder with penalties that escalate faster than other folders. Please stick to the topic, new necromancer spells, and not each other.

Thank you very much,

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator

If you have a question about the forums, please email me Senior Board Moderator Helje at DR-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Premium Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/15/2015 07:09 AM CDT
Seems pretty cool look forward to trying it out in TF - any ideas when it will make it to TF?

- Rhoat
General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/16/2015 04:14 PM CDT
>pow
You reach out with your senses and see luminous streams of black Necromantic mana oozing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent mana to the southwest, and lambent mana to the southeast.
You sense the Philosopher's Preservation spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-six roisaen.
You sense the Rite of Grace spell upon you, which will last until you fail to provide 15 mana for it.
You sense the Calcified Hide spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-four roisaen.
You sense the Ivory Mask spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-six roisaen.
You sense the Butcher's Eye spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-six roisaen.
You sense the Manifest Force spell surrounding you, which will last for fourteen roisaen or until it has endured five more blows.
You sense the Obfuscation spell upon you, which will last for about fifteen roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

>l at [me]
No visible Trans spells

BAHAHAHAHA

Just to confirm, if it's covering these spells, they don't appear in the room look, right?
Re: General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/16/2015 04:31 PM CDT

Annnnd also to confirm - law enforcement (wardens, whatever) seeing you in a room with a trans spell covered by RoG will treat you as though you didn't have a trans spell up? Does RoG have the 'accusation timer stopping' effect that RoC does?
Re: General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/16/2015 04:48 PM CDT
RoC doesn't stop the Suspicion timer, it slows it down.

RoG will prevent you from getting auto-nabbed for having your buffs up when interacting with shops and such. I have no idea how it interacts with ACCUSE but I assume it's the same. There's no easy way to test it without sending myself into an SO spiral.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/17/2015 02:40 PM CDT

>> Just to confirm, if it's covering these spells, they don't appear in the room look, right?

Everything I've read suggests so. I can come look at your character. From what I understand, only spells that interact in combat will reveal you.

So calcified hide procs when you get hit, worms mist, will message the room. Any other spells ?

It will probably still give you immunity to auto-nab at least.
Re: General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/17/2015 08:08 PM CDT
I'd hate to get rid of the look of my trans spells, so sad to let all that good code go to waste.
Re: General Preview: Rite of Grace spell 06/18/2015 03:07 PM CDT
>I'd hate to get rid of the look of my trans spells, so sad to let all that good code go to waste.

It's all still there. Waiting (lurking) patiently for you to forget and wander into a non-magic area (such as the bank!) where your cyclic falls.