(no subject) 07/24/2016 12:11 PM CDT

A kobold zombie shuffles in, glances at you malevolently, moans sadly, and hands you a scrap of paper. It immediately crumbles to ash and bone.

The paper reads: "Your presence is requested in the Main Gathering hall in Zoluren for further discussion and collaboration."

OOC: Meeting, Classroom, Wednesday the 27th, 9PM EST. Sorry for the late notice.
Re: (no subject) 07/28/2016 08:48 AM CDT
I want to start by saying that I’ve no real plans or plots here. I'd like your feedback, have had a lot on my mind lately, and want to hear your thoughts on some of these musings. I’m not in charge here, nor do I plan on holding this as my meeting.

I’ll cut right into this. Something I’ve been thinking about lately is our direction, our goals. I know we ostensibly babble about being free, or bringing that freedom to others, or Transcendence and usurping the Immortals, but while those are all somewhat circling around the same point, I feel like what seems to be missing from this dialog is what comes next. So, a reminder. The Immortals are powerful beings who are responsible for ‘The Way Things Are’, for whatever that all means. Some of that is certainly bad –we’ve all seen what has been done in the supposed name of Rutilor, but it bears mentioning that Rutilor, the embodiment of justice, is not innately a problematic thing to have around.

Freedom from those Immortals seems great to me, to all of us, but probably not if all we leave in our wake is ash and desolation, or, even worse, if we enslave everyone else. So this is what I’ve been mulling over. What next? Say we accomplish our goal, and figure out how to really do everything the Immortals, so to speak, do. Say they fight us and lose. What then?

Do you consider yourself cut from mortal cloth and want to continue on as a God among mortals? If so, what will you do better? If not, where will you go? The righteous intent and name of Rutilor was corrupted by a bunch of idiot zealots, and I’d say you can’t even blame Rutilor for that. How will you do better than Rutilor? What I’m saying is maybe there’s something to be gleaned from what the Immortals have done. Justice isn’t a bad concept, and maybe we don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Maybe somewhere in this future we don’t seem to think about enough, there’s something to be said for including the Immortals in it. In whatever capacity, I don’t care, strike a deal, or subvert their wills to our purpose, what have you…

The point I’m trying to make is while THEY are the problem, what they represent isn’t entirely. Urrem’tier, particularly his feature of Eylhaar, is probably a useful gig to have around. They all have goals I can respect, skills I admire. It would be a shame to stand in the company of such creations, such entities, such CONCEPTS, and not use it to our own purposes. Frankly, I see a lot of us as scrabbling at the edges of the divine, wading in the surf believing us to be swimmers. Pretending to be sitting at the adults table. We’re children, playing with firecrackers in the woods, or lighting immense forge fires to heat our morning coffee.

Think. Bigger. All of you.

That’s what I want to talk about. What we do next. I worry that many of us have gotten it in our heads that we’re fighting against the petty and transient wheels of man, the lame pride of royalty or politics. I couldn’t be less interested or less impressed. I also worry that many have decided their personal Great Work amounts to nothing more than murder and mayhem. Glass orbs used with the tact of a rabid dog, a perfect pairing to the Hounds bastardization of Rutilor, you each deserving one another. I couldn’t be more disgusted or more disappointed.

So. That’s what I’ve been thinking of. A sequence of brilliant fireworks. Forging something impressive. An ocean with boundless depth and mystery. And for the sake of optimism and perhaps theatrics, an open request that you all think bigger too.

OOC: These were the lecture notes I started with, and mostly kind of sort of managed to touch on.