Teaching Night 08/26/2015 10:06 PM CDT
Working by the greasy light of oil lanterns, a young Human woman hunched over a table, brow furrowed and face screwed up in concentration as she painstakingly copied something onto half a dozen pieces of parchment.

Hovering nearby, a pale Elf watched her in pensive silence, pacing, picking at his nails, and finally giving in to curiosity. Glancing over her shoulder, his expression quickly became dubious. "You know," he said, "sometimes I'm not entirely convinced you're literate."

"I can read and write, I never said I was a dab at spellin'," she snapped, snatching the notes away and shoving them into a bag. Soon after, they found themselves scattered and abandoned in disreputable places, the ink smudged but readable:

Requesting yr Honor'd Presens
Fr a Nyght of lerning & Discushon
COMMONS ROOM
7 ANDUEN HENSE

Hi. I'm hosting a teaching night-slash-meet and greet. My goal will be for this to be a bi-weekly thing on Wednesday nights that serves as both a non-srs-bsns social space and a place for noobcros to come ask questions and get pointers on things. I'll try to bring some topics and gossip/rumors to chat about if nobody comes with questions, too. Feel free to come with your own!

Date: 9/2
Time: 9:30 PM EST

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Teaching Night 08/27/2015 06:24 PM CDT
This would have been fun when I was dabbling with a little necromancer!

Come to think of it, it would probably still be fun with my little cleric >:D

Kidding aside, good luck though!
Re: Teaching Night 08/27/2015 06:48 PM CDT
It's not just for lowbies! It's really for anyone of any level of knowledge or experience to hang out and help or get help or just chat.

Thayet
Re: Teaching Night 09/02/2015 03:11 PM CDT
Friendly reminder that this is tonight at 9:30 EST. Be there or be really bored!

Thayet
Re: Teaching Night 09/16/2015 01:31 AM CDT
Those of you who keep an eye on the calendar may have noticed there is another discussion night scheduled this week! Tonight (Wednesday the 16th) in fact! I hope to see y'all there at 10ish EST.

Thayet
Re: Teaching Night 09/16/2015 10:34 PM CDT
Had another amazing turnout tonight. I really want to thank everybody that came, both tonight and week before last.

We'll keep doing this as long as there's an interest, so I'll see you guys again in two weeks!

Thayet
Re: Teaching Night 09/17/2015 10:34 PM CDT
I quite regret that other matters precluded my attendance. I shall strive to rectify this moving forward.