True Heresy 06/02/2013 04:07 PM CDT

A figure in a bloodred robe tacks a letter upon a wall in the common area:

Brothers and Sisters,

I must make a confession. While many of you have toiled on the Great Work to the fullest of your abilities, I have merely given it only a small fraction of mine own. While I apologize for my divided attention, I believe that my pursuit is worth the delay. I have been sifting through texts dealing with various creation legends in an attempt to understand why the Immortals and their followers wage war upon us, when so many other atrocities garner not a glance.

As some of you may know, common legend holds that in the beginning there was the Void, the mother. To her the One, or the father, went and took as mate. They sired children, the Planes, during their union. The Void, realizing that their children were forever seperated from one another, wept. As her tears fell,they became new lifeforms. The One went a step further and placed his essence into these forms, bringing the Immortals into being. This act, however, had a terrible price. The Father depleted himself and perished, while the Mother now full from the Planes and Immortals, was no more.

The Immortals and their followers claim that what we do is unnatural, that it will break creation. If we are to look closely into these myths however, the heresy of the Immortals becomes clear. For in the beginning, was nothing and everything combined as one. When the Father and Mother came together and began creation, this nothing and everything began to have definitive properties. The Planes were born, which drew out elemental and lunar magics. When life was seeded, life magic was seperated. Tracing these events backwards, one would see that Arcane magic is the natural order of creation itself.

As one sees, there is no holy magic in creation. In fact, the very beginning of holy magic was the death of the Father and Mother. This is why holy magic reacts to our efforts so violently. We are the natural order of existence, of chaos, and holy magic control. The Immortals killed the Father and Mother, whether to surplant them as Creators themselves or due to negligence I cannot say. As we are now learning the true essence of creation, they fear that they too shall be dethroned and have declared us destroyers of nature. As most mortals are too stupid to see truth, they follow the Immortals as lemmings follow one another off a cliff in blind faith to these Divine Liars.

But what are we to do when we face an enemy of immense divine power? Fear not, brothers and sisters. Continue the Work. Perserve. Nature itself is run in cycles. The seasons. The movement of heavenly bodies. Birth, death, and rebirth. The Father and Mother created the Immortals. The Immortals created us as slaves to worship them. Now is our cycle, for soon we shall become the next harbingers of creation.
Re: True Heresy 06/02/2013 04:12 PM CDT

Bah, No edit funtion to fix a misspell or two. =(
Re: True Heresy 06/02/2013 04:16 PM CDT
>>Bah, No edit funtion to fix a misspell or two. =(

It's sort of kludgy but what I do is reply to my own post then immediately delete it. The reply tab will have the text of your post for cut/paste use and no one will be able to see it. Repost after editing.