A winding road PART 5 05/31/2013 02:50 PM CDT
Zamidren Book. I was slightly taller than him, but I still felt like he was looking down at me. I had never been so intimidated and excited in my life!

"Are you sure you wish to go through with this?", he asked me. There will be no turning back."

Of course I wanted to go through with it! I had already been doing most of this stuff my whole life anyway. Now I was about to have access to the tools I needed to properly carry on our...MY WORK. I was prepared, I was ready. I stood straighter and taller, looked Zamidren Book in the eye and told him to go through with it. The sooner the better.

The pain that followed was indescribable. I thought it would never end. I tried to stay focused on my goal throughout the process. This was going to allow me to throw off the shackles of the gods so that I may live forever and accumulate all the knowledge in the world! No more family holding me back. No more city thugs in back alleys trying to rob me of my destiny. I will show them all!

And then it was over and I lay there panting, trying to catch my breath. Zamidren Book loomed over me with the slightest of smiles touching his face.

"How do you feel?", he asked me.

Amazing! Glorious! Born again! "I'm fine" I replied. I sat up and immediately asked to be shown to the library, now that I was a member. I had WORK to do.

As I sat in the library wondering where to start, I had a thought. The perfect place to begin was not in a book, I had to go home. I had seen what my father and brother had looked like when I did not really have a clue what I was doing. Now i have a technique, I have the same bond my mother had to her patients. I just know what to do with it, unlike her. Now I can really see where I came from. Then I will know where my road will lead me next.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now as I sit here with my mother's body in front of me, thinking back on what brought me here, I know what I must do. I have come a long way on my journey as a lowly wannabe necromancer, to a full fledged novice necromancer. Now I am gaining power. Soon it will be time for all to know my name. Soon it will be time for all to fear me. I am coming for your pathetic gods. All who have helped me along my way will receive an opportunity to see the error of their ways. For the rest, there will be no quarter. I have come too far to be denied now. Soon.....oh so soon
Re: A winding road PART 5 06/01/2013 09:39 AM CDT
>I am coming for your pathetic gods. All who have helped me along my way will receive an opportunity to see the error of their ways. For the rest, there will be no quarter. I have come too far to be denied now.

Love it! This was a great read!

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.