A winding road PART 3 05/30/2013 01:31 AM CDT
As the cloak of darkness began to lift, letting the light of a new day begin to creep through i knew i could no longer stay in my home. My father and brother were dead by my hands and my mother still lie sleeping in our home. I could not be found out when i was just getting started. I left the bodies in the shed and crept through the woods to a nearby stream to cleanse myself.

As i finished i heard a cry of anguish erupt from near what was up until now my home. My mother had discovered the bodies. A slight shudder ran through my spine as i thought back upon the last few hours and what my mother most be going though. That was the last time i ever felt even a hint of revulsion for what i had done. I didnt regret my actions, they were completely justified, nobody should attempt to hinder me on my path to what i was to become. but i did feel slightly bad for my mother. She was the only person worth a damn i had ever known. Those feelings would pass in time, as i knew they would.

I took off through the woods not really sure where i was heading. I only knew i had to leave. i had never been far from my home my entire life, and now i had to leave it all behind for good. How would i survive? I had knowledge of the outdoors through the books i had read, though i never really had to put that knowledge to use. As i ran, I first became slightly afraid from these thoughts. But slowly i came around and thought clearly. This would be a great opportunity to test myself. What had i really learned all these years? I was about to find out.

After days of travel i found myself exhausted and what i felt for sure as near death. I was not as good at this surviving in the wilds thing as i thought. No matter, all heroes start somewhere. I was determined to make it, I still had so much to learn. I saw a large structure in the distance and against my better judgement i headed for it. I collapsed near a large wall which I later found to be Corik's Wall. A squire who's name escapes me found my comatose form and brought me inside. Luckily there was some insane Adan'f wearing S'kra Mur skin, by the name of Xerasyth, running around terrorizing the area so it was easy to be passed off as some victim of his. We had heard rumors of him back home, and even knew some folks who had seen him, so it was not hard to play the part.

I stayed there a few days until i recovered my strength and then wanted to leave. The squire who rescued me was on his way to the Crossing so I decided some company and protection might benefit me for a little while and asked if i could come along, and later that day we left. We arrived in Crossing without incident and I promptly parted ways with him. Lost in a new city with so much to learn! It was wonderful! Turning down the wrong alleyway I was promptly mugged and left for dead...
Re: A winding road PART 3 05/30/2013 11:52 AM CDT
Through time immemorial, sequels have, more often than not, succeeded famously at delivering errant disappointment to fanatical fans of the original work.

Examples of unadulterated defiling of American masterpieces abound. Important cinema such as "Porky's" left audiences holding the poy with its sophomoric follow-ups "Porky's II" and "Porky's Revenge". The driving sexual tension of "Dirty Dancing" ravaged theater-goers from Boise to Botswana, but left behind a flaccid fan base with the release of "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights". And though I acknowledge, for most fans, the best thing about 1993's "Leprechaun" was Jennifer Aniston, I can say that hands-down that movie gave me the confidence to pursue my sartorial "steam punk" ambitions...until I saw "Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha' Hood" - I ran back into the closet.

But today, conventional wisdom was turned on its head. I'm not on the fence with this one; WRP3, the aftermath of WRP2, was a brilliant read.

Brother of controversial romance novelist EGED9361, fantasy novelist AHAB4208's third installment of his Winding Road saga is sheer genius. And taken together, his (current) trilogy is a heart warming and heart breaking trifecta of coronary proportions.

The story is a melange of emotions that transport us at once through one woman's blood and guts loss of a murdered family to the sudden change of pace that is best described as a "buddy cop" story (sans cop) as two unlikely road companions endure high adventure and the shenanigans of looming entities of pure evil. And, in the end, the moral seems to be that mirth and merriment wins out.

I'm sure I speak for everyone who has followed your career with keen interest when I say thank you, AHAB4208. And keep 'em coming.

Re: A winding road PART 3 05/30/2013 12:24 PM CDT
OOC: thank you all for the comments on each part of my character's background story. it really makes me feel good about where im going with him, and i have a couple more parts to go until its completion. i was inspired by everyone who wrote before me here. there are some pretty incredible reads in this folder. sorry about the delay between parts 2 and 3. part 4 coming soon.
Re: A winding road PART 3 05/30/2013 01:13 PM CDT
(OOC: Dang didn't absorb the "in character" part. My bad.)