A winding road PART 2 05/14/2013 08:54 PM CDT
As time went by and i grew older I also grew further apart from my family. Maybe i wasnt your average child after all. I certainly did not grow into your average adolescent and now adult. My appetite for knowledge grew insatiable. I always needed more.

My mother continued her work. My father...he did whatever it was he did, and my brother and I were mostly left to our own devices together, when i wasnt at the infirmary watching my mother work. In those earlier years we spent alot of time together, though it certainly wasnt always pleasant. He thought i was strange for my dissecting of animals and the books i read. When my father caught wind of what i was doing in my spare time, he decided to be a parent for once and try to punish me. That would be the last time he ever acted the part. I knew it had to be my brother who told him. Why couldnt they just let me be like every other time? Why did he have to take away my books and tools? I NEEDED them for my work. Knowledge...my only comfort in life and that bastard TOOK it from me. Fools, if they only knew back then what my destiny was. Maybe it wouldnt have come to what it did. Though i guess it probably eventually would have anyway. They never did anything for me in life, so i made sure they were worth something in death.

I knew were my father hid my stuff, so that night i went outside to the shed to get it back. How could I be expected to go a whole evening without feeding my hunger? As i stole into the shed my father came rushing out of the house with my brother in tow. Damn them! This was it. I grabbed my knife as my father came through the door and tried to wrench me away. Before i knew what happened i had stabbed my father in the chest. At first i was in as much shock as he was. What had i done? Sure i had cut open more animals then i could count, but never a person, and my own blood at that. Then it dawned on me...my own blood. What better way to see where i came from then to see the insides of what made me. I stabbed him again...and again, and again. Finally he crumpled to the ground, dead. I looked up and saw my brother standing there, mouth agape in shock. I lunged at him with my knife and slit his throat. Quick, easy, beautiful.

I dragged both bodies further inside the shed and shut the door. I had work to do. Finally my chance to see up close what an Elothean body looked like inside. My fathers body wasnt in the best shape from my indiscriminate stabbing, but it would suffice for my first. I spent the rest of that evening working and making mental notes to later transfer to my notebooks when i was cleaned up.

I learned alot that night, about the anatomy of a persons body, and about what kind of person i truly was. I never knew myself until that moment. What a beautiful work of art the Elothean body is! But what about the other races? Are they the same? I NEEDED to know MORE.
Re: A winding road PART 2 05/15/2013 01:31 PM CDT
Except for punctuation issues, it's a strikingly credible account told in the innocent voice of a curious child whose emerging sociopathic desires grow into obsession, and then into action.

You manage to elicit affection for a child whose charismatic naivete makes him a sympathetic protagonist, and then evoke remarkable disappointment (almost sympathetic regret), and of course revulsion, as his necroidal appetite unexpectedly emerges. Thoughtlessly dealing out injustice on the order of parricide precludes further sympathy - only disappointment remains.

blah blah blah, and in addition, blah.

I likey.

Disturbing.