A winding road 05/06/2013 12:25 AM CDT
As i trace the cuts i have made on the body before me, i think back on what has brought me to this point. The paths that the various cuts make as they criss-cross the corpse are not unlike my own bloody path i have cut upon Elanthia....

When i was younger i was probably like most other children. Perhaps a little more curious than most when it came to what makes things tick. I had to know how things worked. and i had a love for knowledge in general. My mother was a member of the empath guild and worked for the city of shard. My father was a businessman who worked somewhere in the city. I never saw him much and am not sure exactly what he did. No matter, neither are here now, both having went to their starry graves. My mother most recently, and my father....well he and my brother were my first two, all those years ago. Yea, i had a brother too. Not much of one, but he helped me out in the end. Perhaps that was where my road began...no, it was much earlier than that. Like i said, i always had to know how things worked. And as i grew older i think it was my exposure to my mothers work that influenced me to focus my curiousity on anatomy.

First i started with dissecting various creatures in the woods behind our house and making notes of what i saw. After a while i needed more. Squirrels, rabbits and the occasional dog were not "cutting" it anymore. I needed to what I looked like on the inside. I would go to the infirmary every day and watch my mother work. I would watch her repair destroyed limbs, regrow patients organs, and she even helped restore a half of this man's face that was somehow destroyed. How he was even in the infirmary and not a corpse in the clerics guild amazed me. I learned a little bit, but with all the chaos and confusion that usually went on in the infirmary i wasnt able to learn enough. I needed more....
Re: A winding road 05/06/2013 12:49 PM CDT
OOC: I appreciate the writing, been so caught up in how broke and unbalanced the game is currently that I been losing sight of the best reason for me to play.

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.