Perform Cut Messaging 03/06/2022 08:15 PM CST
This came up on the official Discord earlier today. Rather than rehashing over there, a request: would it be possible to either (a) add messaging when the effect for PERFORM CUT expires or (b) allow it to be manually refreshed?

Things can get confusing if you mess up the spell you needed CUT for.

- - -

[CAST #1]
prep nr 38
With rigid movements you prepare your body for the Necrotic Reconstruction spell.

perform cut
You draw a slight cut across your palm in ritualized fashion, drawing forth a small but useful amount of blood without any real injury.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

cast
You reveal yourself.
You gesture.
Unable to find a suitable target, the spell fizzles.

<Spell failed, because I used the wrong syntax (no target specified). The CUT effect is still active.>

[CAST #2]
prep nr 38
With rigid movements you prepare your body for the Necrotic Reconstruction spell.

perform cut
You've already performed this ritual upon yourself, no need to do it again.

<This does nothing. The original CUT isn't replaced or refreshed, and is still active.>

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

<CUT, from the first command, expires here. It never messages when it lapses.>

cast zomb
You reveal yourself.
You gesture at an arisen leucro zombie.
Without thanatologically drawn blood, the reconstructive pattern fails to take shape.

- - -

The CUT effect lasts, what, 30-45 seconds? It's just long enough to trip up recast attempts.

- I
Re: Perform Cut Messaging 03/07/2022 10:10 AM CST
I'd honestly prefer both of those suggestions being implemented.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Perform Cut Messaging 03/08/2022 11:57 AM CST
... and it's fixed.

Thanks to everyone for the QoL tweaks.

- I