Mech Lore Conversion 07/20/2020 03:13 PM CDT

I havent played in awhile and have just returned. Prior to my absence, mech lore hadnt yet been split. What is the best skill to convert mech into for a necromancer? Thanks
Re: Mech Lore Conversion 07/20/2020 07:38 PM CDT
I would suggest alchemy so the necro can avoid using DO-raising healing techniques- but that's just me.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mech Lore Conversion 07/20/2020 10:53 PM CDT
I suggest going with works best for your roleplay. If you want to make remedies, go for it. You won't be the only Necromancer who uses them.

But unless you're planning on eventually going for the Redeemed state of being, I think you'll find that despite the Divine Outrage of Devour, it is very much the rage. As a Redeemed Necromancer, I do enjoy using alchemist creations when I'm unable to find an Empath, or I'm too lazy to go see an NPC healer (or I've got too much SO to do the last bit). However, in no way do these options replace the raw efficiency of being able to heal yourself in combat.

Choose wisely.

Re: Mech Lore Conversion 07/20/2020 11:03 PM CDT
>> I would suggest alchemy so the necro can avoid using DO-raising healing techniques- but that's just me.

I would respectfully disagree, not with the choice but rather with the reasoning behind it. Necromantic healing is (arguably) the signature ability for Necromancers. Intentionally avoiding it out of fear of Divine Outrage is folly. The Outrage system is quite manageable, provided you understand how the system works and where the pitfalls are.

>> What is the best skill to convert mech into for a necromancer?

If/when you become a Forsaken necromancer you will subject to the Suspicion mechanics, which are going to limit the time you can spend in standard justice zones. Ultimately, if you want to continue to craft, I'd recommend (1) figuring out which of the crafts you enjoy and (2) where you're going to be spending your time doing it.

There's no rush to convert. Take some time and acclimate, play around with the various systems, then make your decision.

- I
Re: Mech Lore Conversion 07/21/2020 06:33 AM CDT
> There's no rush to convert. Take some time and acclimate, play around with the various systems, then make your decision.

^^This.

The first 50 - 100 ranks of most the craft skills (exception being enchanting) can be trained with very simple commands/tools. Mixing an ingot repeatedly, spinning yarn/thread, processing lumber, and drying herbs (just examples, other activities also work). Give them all a try, then actually try to make something a few times with a few ranks under your belt and see if something calls to you before converting. Analyze and the wiki walk-thrus are going to be your friends because the steps are overly complicated and annoying for most crafts.

If you're just looking for a skill to fill a req, you are much better off with one of the lores you can train in combat. That said, Outfitting (via knitting) is the closest craft to old origami (doable anywhere with limited hassle/tools). Fair warning knitting caps around 650 when you'll have to swap to sewing to train if you want to keep going past min reqs.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea