Suspicion: Four Months In 09/20/2019 11:54 AM CDT
It's been a little over four months since the Necromancer Policy & System Changes went live. Elanthia continues to spin on its axis.

I was hoping we could have a discussion about Suspicion. Is it working as staff intended? How are Forsaken Necromancers coping in this new world? Basically, how's it going?

To Recap:
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/159

>>Forsaken Necromancers have a tolerance meter for town called suspicion that slowly builds up in normal situations. While in a justice area, this meter builds towards an accusation. While outside of a justice area, this meter drains away. Unsullied and eventually Redeemed Necromancers are exempt from this.

Based on some player testing at launch, I think the community figured out that a Forsaken Necromancer with low/no Social Outrage can stand out in the open and idle in a justice zone for about an hour before Suspicion builds to a Bad Place. That sound about right? (Obviously, your milage is going to vary based on Outrage levels and RNG stuff.)

The worst part of Suspicion, at least for me, is RP events. The changes basically ensured that if there's an event in a justice zone I'm gonna have to skip it. And that's a lot of events. It's not a matter of if, but rather when, the system is going to land a successful charge against me. Doesn't matter how low I'm lying. If I'm visible I'm eventually going to get tagged.

I understand and accept this may just be the cost of being a Forsaken Necromancer. You just ooze a bit of corruption that the townies can pick up on. That's just the way it is. It just sucks seeing something on the calendar and realizing that participating just isn't worth the unavoidable consequences.

Thoughts?

- I
Re: Suspicion: Four Months In 09/20/2019 12:37 PM CDT
I haven't had a problem with it, but I also don't care about events.

I do think most of the growing pains have been worked through because Necromancers at the beginning were in the habit of existing with high suspicion levels. That didn't impact them much then because players weren't using the mechanics to accuse them, so even if sitting at max suspicion it wouldn't have felt like you were suspected much if at all. In other words, suspicion wasn't really working before and could largely be ignored. As such, I do think the mechanic is working more as intended now than before.

<<Based on some player testing at launch, I think the community figured out that a Forsaken Necromancer with low/no Social Outrage can stand out in the open and idle in a justice zone for about an hour before Suspicion builds to a Bad Place. That sound about right? (Obviously, your milage is going to vary based on Outrage levels and RNG stuff.)

This matches my experience. I accidentally got hit with a charge the other day when I was travelling by mammoth and forgot that the end of the line is a justice area and didn't check it when I arrived. I was sitting at the other end for a roughly an hour accruing suspicion before charges kicked in.