Do the Moons Affect Arcane Magic? 09/26/2018 08:28 PM CDT
I have a spot where I frequently go to train magic. Normally this room contains radiant Arcane mana for me. Recently (a day or so ago) it seemed to drop down to Luminous. Tonight, it popped back up to radiant. At the time it fluctuated back up I had Kura-Silma on me but the higher mana is still there even after I dropped KS. Thought maybe a bug with forcing KS off but letting it drop naturally and I'm still seeing radiant streams. I ask about the moons as Yavash rose between perceives:

You reach out with your senses and see luminous (14/21) streams of prismatic Necromantic mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is glowing (11/21) mana to the southeast, and pulsating (10/21) mana to the north.
You sense the Kura-Silma spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-eight roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
The cysts swim across your vision, dipping into Arcane mana to draw watercolor-esque signs of the Great Work for your eyes alone.
R> exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:

+117 Attunement
+166 Perception

>

>
Yavash slowly rises above the horizon.
> per

You reach out with your senses and see radiant (15/21) streams of prismatic Necromantic mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent (12/21) mana to the southeast, and glowing (11/21) mana to the north.
You sense the Kura-Silma spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-six roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Do the Moons Affect Arcane Magic? 09/26/2018 08:58 PM CDT
Yes, Lunar mana affects Arcane mana.

To review, there's four inputs into every mana type:

1) You get some mana right off the bat, to assure you have an absolute minimum to work with.
2) You get mana from the room.
3) You get mana from your Attunement skill to reflect mana beyond the room. Early on #2 is more important than #3, but by the late game you're getting most of your mana from #3.
4) A modest fluctuation happens for each mana frequency based on shifting time or environmental factors. Holy mana fluctuates with proximity to the holidays, for example.

#4 for Arcane mana is the average Lunar mana.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Do the Moons Affect Arcane Magic? 09/26/2018 09:12 PM CDT
Aha. I'd just seen the mana dip back down with only one moon up, again. Funny I never noticed that before.

Thanks much for the response, Armifer.