Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 02/28/2018 09:04 PM CST
I'm not certain if it ONLY goes to Zoluren, but some Social Outrage/Corruption acquired in other provinces is also felt in Zoluren.

As an example I went to Ratha and cast a necromancy spell in an area that was considered in justice, so I received a Forbidden Practices charges. I paid off the fine and then went back to the Crossing, where I was surprised to find the population was suspicious of me. It faded very soon after I noticed it but as I understand the current system, what I did in Ratha shouldn't be affecting me in Zoluren.

Elanthipedia says that getting a Forbidden Practices charge causes Social Corruption, which would explain why it faded so quickly, but the Ratha authorities still shouldn't be tattling on me.

A few other necromancers I've spoken to have noticed this happening to them as well.
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 02/28/2018 09:08 PM CST
I've had a couple things I think that are similar happen.

I had a successful accuse against me in Riverhaven, where I got a warrant, but no SO.

It seemed the SO happened in p1 instead.

A few days ago, I had usol up by accident in Hib. I got a warrant, but no SO.

I checked with the person who tells you if you have SO and he tells me I have at least two days to lay low, but in no province and I seeing that people think I am a necromancer or a sorcerer.
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/01/2018 07:51 PM CST
Bug investigations are happening, but in at least one case of a person who submitted this as a bug report, they had also been charged for low-level activities in 2 other provinces besides the one they mentioned being charged in, all within a short period of time. Or so it seemed.

Not saying there isn't anything else going on, but the one we're most acutely aware of looked, so far, like there wasn't time to resolve the first two charges and then there was confusion about what happened and when and where?

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/02/2018 02:03 AM CST
I think it may have happened to me again? I was off on a risen-part-collection adventure the other day and ran through Shard without turning USOL off. Oops. Noticed it right away, thankfully, so I only got 1 Forbidden Practices charge. I surrendered myself to a local guard, paid the fine, and went on with my life. But now for some reason people in Zoluren are suspicious of me, even though to my knowledge I haven't been caught doing anything in Zoluren recently.

I can't say for sure if my problems in Zoluren are related to the charge I got in Shard but it's the only run in with the law I've had lately. If someone tries to accuse me and fails, do I still get SO? That could explain why I have some SO with no obvious (non bug-related) source.
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/02/2018 05:21 AM CST
>>If someone tries to accuse me and fails, do I still get SO? That could explain why I have some SO with no obvious (non bug-related) source.

Nope!

>>I think it may have happened to me again? I was off on a risen-part-collection adventure the other day and ran through Shard without turning USOL off. Oops. Noticed it right away, thankfully, so I only got 1 Forbidden Practices charge. I surrendered myself to a local guard, paid the fine, and went on with my life. But now for some reason people in Zoluren are suspicious of me, even though to my knowledge I haven't been caught doing anything in Zoluren recently.

Zoluren is upset with you because of an illegal spell you cast in a justice area there several days before the issue in Shard :)

As of now, we can't find anything in logs or recreate anything that would indicate that there's anything buggy going on with SO for anyone. It looks like folks may not be noticing all of the time when they do something that will gain them SO in a Province, so it's surprising them and seeming buggy when they notice that they have SO active there.

If you or anyone else has another situation where they think that SO isn't being separated between the Provinces correctly, please ASSIST in game so we can look at it in depth and not just in logs.

-Persida
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/08/2018 11:10 AM CST
Just had something similar happen to me today.

I fatfingered a script and ended up accidentally casting a trans buff outside of the locksmith shop in Riverhaven, and got hit with a forbidden practices charge. I immediately packed up and headed down to Shard, where I was going to camp out for a while.

Went to the Crossing bank (where I haven't been in over a month except one quick trip to the vault) and when I went to withdraw ferry money I was arrested for my forbidden practices charge and went to jail.

Paid off the fine and took care of it, and now I have social outrage (fairly sure known necromancer/sorcerer) message down in CROSSING, where I got arrested, but nothing up in Haven, where I initially got charged. However, I still have the outstanding forbidden practices charge up in Haven.
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/08/2018 11:19 AM CST
Update: Surrendered myself up in Haven too, paid the debt, and now I have NO social outrage up there, even after being charged and found guilty of Forbidden Practices in Haven. The S.O. hit was only in Crossing. (Which is fine, since I'd prefer to stay in Haven anyway :P)
Re: Social Outrage/Corruption migrates to Zoluren 03/08/2018 12:26 PM CST
Unfortunately you logged out of the assist queue before staff could answer your assist, but no, this does not appear to have been a bug.

If you'd like to re-assist in game, staff can explain what appears to have been occurring, and gather the appropriate information to deal with a bug if one is really happening. We can't get nearly the amount of information we need to deal with a lot of system level bugs by what gets posted on the forums.

-Persida