Possible SO bug 03/10/2016 09:53 AM CST
Or maybe the peasants just really hate me.

Feel asleep in town and got killed by the hounds. Woke up to a huge hole in my chest and a ton of SO. Waited for awhile outside of town, checking justice.

Yesterday, I saw a message about the townsfolk calming down and forgetting (you hope). But checking justice tells me that the people still think I'm a necromancer, and asking certain NPCs about the perverse still has them shaking their head and pitying me.

Is this a bug? Can the townspeople calm down and I can still be perverse and thought of as a necromancer?

-Apedemak
Re: Possible SO bug 03/10/2016 10:25 AM CST
The timer can ocassionally be wrong, which is why it messages ambiguously. If it it is off, it only adds another minute or two to your time.

This is for the Social Corruption effect. The greater Social Outrage meter does not message like this at all.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Possible SO bug 03/10/2016 10:26 AM CST
>>Yesterday, I saw a message about the townsfolk calming down and forgetting (you hope).

You hope you're right, yes.

>>But checking justice tells me that the people still think I'm a necromancer, and asking certain NPCs about the perverse still has them shaking their head and pitying me.

You hoped wrong.

My understanding is that neither is going to be 100% accurate, to enhance the flavor of being paranoid.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Possible SO bug 03/10/2016 01:57 PM CST
Thanks for the clarification.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but, does having an outstanding warrant for forbidden practices prevent your SO from draining?

-Apedemak
Re: Possible SO bug 03/10/2016 02:24 PM CST
Only the time limit of drain-hours per day limits SO drain. Nothing else will reduce or stop it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino