Zombie Effectiveness 07/10/2016 01:51 PM CDT
I just got my zombie (late 50s) and I'm finding it to be not quite as powerful as posts on these boards convinced me it would be. My zombie takes 5+ minutes to kill anything that I normally hunt with weapons (my TM being ~30 ranks above my weapons) unless I spend a lot of effort assisting it... and even if I'm debilitating and grappling a critter on the ground, it still takes it way longer to kill than if I just hacked something to bits myself. I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. (RPU is up and zombie has been healed down to no or very minor wounds.)

- Is there a way to stop the zombie from constantly parrying/dodging? It seems to do this even in offensive stance, sometimes 3-4 in a row, greatly slowing its attack rate.

- Is there a way to have the zombie attack creatures when it otherwise doesn't have a target, automatically? Having to direct it to attack each creature individually is kind of annoying, especially if its only intended to be minorly supplemental DPS to augment my own attacks (which is what I'm gathering).

- Is there a way to make creatures engage it? Currently if I direct it to attack something and there's 2 other critters in the room, and I'm hidden, those 2 critters won't do anything but search forever. They won't engage my zombie. All new critters will engage me if I'm visible, making the zombie not particularly useful as a passive "meat shield" either.

All-in-all I'm finding it just kinda slows my roll and hinders me training weapons/TM as efficiently as I was before.

I hope I'm doing it wrong. Any pointers?
Re: Zombie Effectiveness 07/10/2016 04:48 PM CDT
>>Is there a way to have the zombie attack creatures when it otherwise doesn't have a target, automatically? Having to direct it to attack each creature individually is kind of annoying, especially if its only intended to be minorly supplemental DPS to augment my own attacks (which is what I'm gathering).

Offensive stance is less of an issue these days, since it just means what special move they do (that tweak did happen, right?). What you want to do is set your zombie's behavior to aggressive. This way, they actively seek out targets.

>>Is there a way to make creatures engage it? Currently if I direct it to attack something and there's 2 other critters in the room, and I'm hidden, those 2 critters won't do anything but search forever. They won't engage my zombie. All new critters will engage me if I'm visible, making the zombie not particularly useful as a passive "meat shield" either.

An aggressive behavior will resolve this when it comes to the zombie actively fighting them, but you can also set your zombie's stance to defensive and command it to do a special attack (command zombie special). The zombie defensive special is a howl that draws all critters in the room to fight it. The offensive stance is a charge that takes them to melee faster, but I don't think it's that useful in PvE (I'm sure it's more useful in PvP).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Zombie Effectiveness 07/10/2016 07:53 PM CDT

Zombies and mudmen are very powerful, but theyre based off your tm. The disparity won't be that big right now, but as time goes on your tm will outpace your weapons. I would strongly suggest prioritizing tm over weapons I'm your training.

Fwiw, my tm is about 75 ranks behind my evasion, and my mudmen could murder me easily, and my zombie could murder my mudmam handily.
Re: Zombie Effectiveness 07/10/2016 08:00 PM CDT

Also, try gearing your zombie. A weapon will go a long way. Bigger the better.