Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 04:15 AM CDT
Timing it well, an arisen snowbeast zombie slices wide at a snowbeast. A snowbeast attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The glaive lands a heavy strike that breaks the right femur and cleaves clean through the hamstring!
A snowbeast lets loose a blood-curdling howl and falls into a heap.

>look zombie
Although this creature may have once been a snowbeast, it no longer can make that claim. The zombie's motions are somewhat jerky and abrupt, and its pallor suggests that it is clearly dead. Some force continues to give it life, but the zombie doesn't look particularly grateful.

You see an arisen snowbeast zombie.
The snowbeast zombie has a severely bloated and discolored abdomen with strange round lumps under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the abdomen.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying a double-bladed bronze glaive with braided daisies inlaid on the blade.

i didnt see any crits folders like war mage guild has so i figured i'd start this thread to show off some zombie antics. Post yours :D
Re: Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 05:39 AM CDT
A yellow-bristled gremlin stumbles to the ground. "Zachriedek... take me?" it whispers before going still.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

I'm afraid not...

new and improved:

<<i didnt see any crits folders like war mage guild has so i figured i'd start this thread to show off some zombie antics. Post yours :D>>

might as well enjoy 'em now before i eventually go for redemption...

Although this creature may have once been a gremlin, it no longer can make that claim. The zombie's motions are somewhat jerky and abrupt, and its pallor suggests that it is clearly dead. Some force continues to give it life, but the zombie doesn't look particularly grateful.

You see an arisen gremlin zombie.
The gremlin zombie has deep cuts across the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by deep slashes across the left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the right leg compounded by deep cuts across the right leg, deep cuts across the left leg, deep slashes across the left hand, deep slashes across the chest area tiny scratches to the abdomen.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying a dull dagger.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, an arisen gremlin zombie lunges a dull dagger at a yellow-bristled gremlin. A yellow-bristled gremlin fails to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The dagger lands a good hit to its chDriving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, an arisen gremlin zombie lunges a dull dagger at a yellow-bristled gremlin. A yellow-bristled gremlin attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The dagger lands a strong hit that pulls its right arm from its socket in a twisting jab!
A yellow-bristled gremlin curses before sprawling to the ground, dead.!

>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 09:18 AM CDT
I'm trying to get TM up right now, it's currently behind combats... But I eagerly look forward to snickering from the shadows as my zombies murderize critters.
Re: Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 07:28 PM CDT
>cast
You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
You feel a slight pressure behind the eyes as a swell of arcane energy builds within you. Directing the flow along ritual lines cut in the body of the puddle, you connect each essential node in turn. Abruptly the power surges forth, a dam bursting as wild torrents stream into the body! You siphon off a small amount of the energy and direct it into reconstructing damaged tissue, the puddle's flesh knitting together before your eyes. The creature's recumbent form jerks once and then, as if awakening from slumber, its eyes snap open. Flexing with newfound strength, an arisen puddle zombie levers itself upright and awaits your command.
>chuc
You chuckle.

Not a crit, but still made me laugh
Re: Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 08:46 PM CDT
>>an arisen puddle zombie

Hah. How'd it do on the killing front?
Re: Zombie fun! 04/27/2012 08:54 PM CDT
A little wishy washy, but good nonetheless!
Re: Zombie fun! 04/28/2012 06:50 AM CDT
and here i thought i had something unique with my collected puddle material. :-)

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Zombie fun! 04/28/2012 08:29 PM CDT
An arisen bull zombie lunges forward, closing on a storm bull before it can retreat!
An arisen bull zombie lowers its horns and charges with a loud bellow at a storm bull. The body lands a massive strike that blasts the foe in the lower back with a sickening crunch (bending it in a way you didn't think possible!)!
A storm bull expires with a bellow and a crackle of electricity.
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around a storm bull.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Zombie fun! 04/28/2012 11:30 PM CDT
How does your zombie have horns? I thought zombies were always bipedal with no special attacks or such?
Re: Zombie fun! 04/29/2012 06:48 AM CDT
The zombies tend to imitate the "attack" of the critter it was made a zombie from, in Divult<algothi's> case a storm bull.

One bug I've posted about before: All zombies are supposed to attack.
If you make a zombie from an Inkhorne, it will NOT attack anything. Even if you make it offensive/aggressive.

/---
Leucius
Re: Zombie fun! 04/29/2012 03:20 PM CDT
Correct, despite the special "Lowers its horns" messaging the attack was actually made with a natural weapon (it's body), as can be seen in the damage messaging. I like Storm Bulls zombies because they always charge from pole range, and they are quite effective at it with my TM as seen by the one-shot kill in my above post.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur