Children of Kalestraum 04/14/2019 12:51 PM CDT
Any chance the children of kalestraum can be made into their own sect? it would just be nice to be able to be in a sect with other people where all of them think Teleologic Sorcery is not a problem.
Re: Children of Kalestraum 04/14/2019 07:42 PM CDT
Interesting idea. How do you think it could be implemented in a playable yet realistic way when the Children are essentially viewed by the guild at large as Elanthian Al’Queda? Their last appearance that I know of involved an attempt to destroy the last obelisk and all moon mages’ ability to touch the plane of probability. You’re right that they’re probably the best association for those who want open endorsement of teleological sorcery. It’d be a cool path for conflict that’s for sure.

Things may have certainly changed with ret-cons over time, but my understanding of Karosti and the Children isn’t that they don’t think there’s a problem with teleologic sorcery, it’s that they want to destroy important things—the guild high up on that list.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Children of Kalestraum 04/14/2019 09:49 PM CDT

I agree it would present a lot of problems. Honestly, I dont know enough about Karosti and the Children of Kalestraum. I don't know if we know the reasons for why they do what they do from their perspective or if we only know it from the guild perspective. as for wanting to destroy the obelisk, i think Taramaine is even guilty of that goal at one point.

I believe Raesh or Armifer once said that Taramaine is basically a mob lord. And so I've always looked at Taramaine and the Children as both being mob lords. Taramaine just happens to have a bit more power and so he gets better press releases.
Re: Children of Kalestraum 04/14/2019 09:51 PM CDT
<<playable yet realistic way when the Children are essentially viewed by the guild at large as Elanthian Al’Queda?

It could maybe be something like a splinter subsect of the children, sort of like how the philosophers are to necromancy.
Re: Children of Kalestraum 04/14/2019 09:56 PM CDT
Although a case could be made that is already the progeny.