Mystery of Rietyl 04/07/2019 01:04 PM CDT
Putting together some quiz questions for the moon mage meeting next week and I found an interesting contradiction in two IG books that I wanted to ask about just in case it would pry loose some fun lore.

Profiles in Magic, Volume 5 mentions the notes of Rietyl Thumai (Nameless One) but references him as a monk of the Crystal Hand. Profiles in Magic, Volume 9 obviously lays out Rietyl's role in signing the Lunar Accord on behalf of the G'nar Pethians. He's a very interesting character generally so I was hoping we could learn a bit more about him and those representations.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Mystery of Rietyl 04/07/2019 04:26 PM CDT
<<Profiles in Magic, Volume 5 mentions the notes of Rietyl Thumai (Nameless One) but references him as a monk of the Crystal Hand.

I think you're misreading that reference?

"We were lucky in finding several diaries of those days, including the notes of Rietyl Thumai, one of Jares Braun's advisors, and a student pledged to the ways of the Crystal Hand. It is this last collection that we delve into in this Profile book, specifically examining that young Monk's meeting with the fourth signatory of the Lunar Accord, Mizuhari of the Crystal Hand."

I understand that to mean they found several diaries and go on to list 3 separate examples of them. One was Rietyl's, a second one was the diary of an advisor to Braun, and the third diary was of a student of the monks (later named as Bashila.) They then go on to talk about the monk's diary specifically, not Rietyl's.
Re: Mystery of Rietyl 04/07/2019 07:38 PM CDT
Not so much a mystery then! I definitely misread it. Thanks.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno