G'nar Peth Easter Eggs 11/17/2018 05:59 PM CST
So I know of three Easter Eggs involving my G'nar Pethian seeing a duality: the painting in the Crossing Guild hall, that NPC in Throne City and one that I haven't had the chance to see personally - the Umbramagus (requiring you to have your eyes gouged out, according to Raesh).

Does anyone know of any others? I've not gone into the Su Helmas quest so I'm looking to fill in my lore gaps. I think I more or less have pieced together the 'truth' (as much as that means). Like, is there a legit copy of the G'nar Peth Book of Prophecies laying around that players haven't found?

And for anyone who has done the Su Helmas: your thoughts? I've read the recalls but there's scant little else beyond what we can piece together from what's available on the Wiki. I'm getting the feeling that the eye gouging ritual has become..unnecessary, as the recalls were suggestive of the act being an attempt to reject the reality the original mages found themselves in. Is a G'nar Peth carrying something within them metaphysically that's equivalent to the Children of Grazhir? Are we each carrying around an Umbramagus inside us? :P

And a random bit: the Rock Troll area in Crossing has a room which has an altar with a two-headed serpent on it next. The tar pit area, I believe, with the Obsidian Gate. Is that a troll thing or is it a subtle hint at something else? I can find zero documentation or posts of anyone else questioning it.
Re: G'nar Peth Easter Eggs 11/17/2018 08:36 PM CST
Oh my, how I've missed that area. My main used to practically live there, it was around umm late 90s? If I recall right & any other old players or GMs can correct me but its not really Pethian based. I think it was supposed to lead to something else as the sects hadnt been revealed to the players yet, I'd say they werent even in the GMs minds but I'm not sure (not a gm after all, hehe).

I'm sure all the old posts from the 90s & early aughts have gone somewhere, it was supposed to be something but not mm related. :)
Re: G'nar Peth Easter Eggs 11/17/2018 10:54 PM CST
Su Helmas? Definitely G'nar Pethian. There's a couple of pay quests for it.
Re: G'nar Peth Easter Eggs 11/17/2018 11:13 PM CST
No, sorry, was referring to the troll area. Su Helmas is less than 10 yrs old.
My bad, I realized afterwards that I should have been clearer in that I was talking about the troll area.
Re: G'nar Peth Easter Eggs 11/28/2018 10:06 PM CST
A traditional G'nar Pethian today is only connected to the original G'nar Pethians by a fragmented intellectual heritage that's transmitted through archaeology and mystery religions. It's a tiny bit like Hermetic philosophy: the societies that exist today are early 20th century (or later!) institutions that were inspired by a thread of ancient Greek religion that wormed its way through history.

Su Helmas was created by the original G'nar Pethians. There may be intended disconnections between what you see and what you might assume.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino