G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/09/2015 05:26 AM CST
Hey everybody!

I'm trying to list all of the G'nar Pethians in recent history, since 1996, who we've encountered within the game. So far, I've only found a couple:

1. Dothrein Litrona, former Council Member of the Moon Mage Guild, and
2. Estrile Ardwens, G'nar Leader

If you know of any other G'nar Pethian Moon Mage NPCs whom you have seen within the game, would you provide a reference or a couple of your encounter?

I'm also interested in any unique encounter you've had with the two listed above. I have a bunch of notes, but you never know if they are complete. (Plus, I know Dothrein attempted to contact all the known G'nar Pethians at one time, during the revelation of the Purple Amethyst).
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/09/2015 05:40 AM CST
Twilightberry, the shadow servant alterer, is a G'nar Pethian.

There was a G'nar Pethian archaeologist GMPC years and years ago, but I don't remember what his name was. He predated the release of divination bowls, even. I recall him coming by Taisgath a few times to chat but I don't remember if he did anything really notable.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/10/2015 06:36 AM CST
<<There was a G'nar Pethian archaeologist GMPC years and years ago, but I don't remember what his name was.>>

1. If anyone has the name of that archaeologist, I'd be interested.

2. I forgot to add S'su'yvyn; he hasn't appeared yet (to my knowledge), but he's on our horizon.

3. Also, I'm looking for any obscure logs where the G'nar Pethians interacted with us at any level.

We were forced to forget.
Braisk

~Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming...
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/10/2015 06:51 AM CST
I'd also like to ask about Hhstin, a S'kra Mur who is associated with the Children of Kalestraum. In a meeting, a vision was described by Miskton, and Hhstin was eluded to be the person associated with the description.

<<Miskton says, "An elderly S'Kra Mur gazed toward me, his empty eye sockets burning with arcane power. My unconscious mind screamed out a warning, pulling me away from those threads of fate before I could examine them further.">>

I am curious if this is just a coincidence or if he was once a G'nar Pethian. (And if anyone has any logs interacting with him.

Braisk
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/10/2015 11:38 AM CST
>Also, I'm looking for any obscure logs where the G'nar Pethians interacted with us at any level.

Not sure if you'd consider it interaction but he did attend the meeting in TC re:The theft of the Hand of Meraud in 2013.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Meeting_of_the_Mighty_Moon_Mages_in_Throne_-_01/14/2013_-_22:59

I think only Daldruk, Lirs and Mortom interacted directly with players that day but just going from hazy recollection.

I didn't get to TC till after the meeting was underway so you might try getting in touch with Zynara, Eyuve, Vansiil or Addrius and ask them if they have logs that include Dothrein saying anything to players. I'm reasonably certain he did not though - that's a lot of GMNPCs to juggle at once.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/10/2015 12:10 PM CST
>An elderly S'Kra Mur gazed toward me, his empty eye sockets burning with arcane power. My unconscious mind screamed out a warning, pulling me away from those threads of fate before I could examine them further.

I'm not convinced that vision pertains to Hhstin. Since he's only been seen wearing the uaro's'sugi it's impossible to gauge his age but he was relatively weak in power. I think it's more likely an unknown S'Kra Mur G'nar Pethian. Unfortunately, elderly from the viewpoint of the non-S'Kra could be any age from 63 to 200+.

This vision is Hhstin:
Color bleeds away from the world, leaving the area grey except for writhing purple magic that dances through the air around you. Several unnerving moments pass before muted colors slowly return to the world.

Reality shudders slightly as a you glimpse a S'Kra Mur standing before a towering obelisk, his eyes locked in a look of intense concentration.

A second vision of the S'Kra Mur assaults your mind. He stands before the obelisk, a hand pressed to its surface, as the shadowy image of a shrew grows beneath the surface.

The visions continue, pulling back to reveal the Obelisk standing on a small island. The shadow of the shrew continues to grow, swallowing the entire island.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 11/11/2015 04:52 AM CST
>I'm not convinced that vision pertains to Hhstin.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure I'll keep "my eyes open" for the empty-socket S'kra Mur.

S'su'vyn perhaps?
Re: G'nar Pethians in Recent History 01/16/2016 09:08 AM CST
oh man I did it I remembered

Terbalen was the name of the G'nar Pethian archaeologist. Head of the Moon Mage Research Division. Responsible for teaching moonies several enchantments years and years ago in like... 2003.

yessss this has been driving me nuts for like three months

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs