Nomadic Skins 05/17/2015 10:21 PM CDT
Was reading up on the Skindancers and saw this:

"Cherulisa says, "We are what many of the eastern Moon Mages think of when they say "Nomads." Our lives are often played out beneath the moons, without even a yurt to protect us from the harsh weather of the steppe. We commune with the spirits through our wandering."
Touching the copper sigils on his ivory carving, the fur-clad nomad says, "Skindancers, yes. I am of that tribe. Our travels take us through all the lichen tundras, rocky plains and icy wastes that the Steppe has to offer. Nature is a beautiful thing beneath the moons, but conspires against us oft times. For this reason, we rely heavily on skins, laying them down before throwing bones of foretelling, sleeping upon the warm hides of yaks, dancing upon them during weddings and funerals." The nomad pauses. "The quality of the skins we carry can show at a glance where we stand in the tribe." "

What specifically drew my attention was the mention of skins upon which one can throw bones. Is there a mechanic for this in game?

Also, I've been trying to research carving my own set of bones, but apparently crafting and repairing bones on one's own is no longer a game mechanic. Is there any sort of ETA on when this mechanic might be rereleased?

Thank you.

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Nomadic Skins 05/17/2015 11:02 PM CDT
Once enchantment is finished the intention is to include Prediction tools (Though I won't promise they'll be the first enchantment out of the gate).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Nomadic Skins 05/18/2015 12:17 AM CDT
>What specifically drew my attention was the mention of skins upon which one can throw bones. Is there a mechanic for this in game?

Not that I know of, but you could ape a bit of performance nowadays with the atfeet slot.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Nomadic Skins 05/18/2015 12:54 AM CDT
Thank you for the response.

Do you see bone carving (Engineering) being an integral part of crafting one's divination bones? Do you think that the use of skins will be incorporated as well?

__
Re: Nomadic Skins 05/28/2015 02:11 PM CDT
As a Nomad leathercrafter who tans everything he comes across, I would love to see this facet of RP played up, even before the mechanic is implemented.
Re: Nomadic Skins 06/01/2015 07:03 PM CDT
>> As a Nomad leathercrafter who tans everything he comes across, I would love to see this facet of RP played up, even before the mechanic is implemented.

Perhaps you're my long-lost brother. :)

__