Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 12:13 AM CDT
Any of you Tezerite players out there RP your characters as true followers of Tezirah and the original Saesordian Cabal?

-The Forsaken Rakash
AIM: KhiolDR
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 12:20 AM CDT
The modern Cabal is known as the Children of Kalestraum. See: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Children_of_Kalestraum

There's some bad blood there to say the least.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 11:47 AM CDT
I have for as long as this character has been around, strived to follow the real Tezirah. Granted except for the period during which we had a well defined group this train of thought is looked down on. Sadly so much so that the player aspects show through to a point of making any reasonable RP in this direction impossible. Heh in fact Ive even been shot down by a GM once or twice attempting to RP devotion toward Tezirah. If done right it can be a pretty fun way to go. Unfortunately too many have tried the "evil" persona when doing so its heavily tainted the name... in fact its heavy tainted the Progeny in general. Too many people look at it as the "emo, evil wannabe" sect. Black and red does not mean emo. Nor does desire for knowledge and power equate to "evil". Rant aside I still follow the same beliefs I always have I simply keep them less open... real RP is mostly dead in this age of the game anyhow so its not like I get a lot of chances to express it even if I wanted to.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 06:13 PM CDT
Well I would be interested in some RP with you, I care not a thing about what others "think" about how you or anyone else plays thier character. My character is a pursuit of knowledge at any cost type, So I figured a 'real' Tezirite would have some good insights.

-The Forsaken Rakash
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Khiol
AIM:KhiolDR
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 09:25 PM CDT
<<If done right it can be a pretty fun way to go. Unfortunately too many have tried the "evil" persona when doing so its heavily tainted the name... in fact its heavy tainted the Progeny in general. Too many people look at it as the "emo, evil wannabe" sect.>>

I'd offer that it's not people trying the "evil" persona that have tainted the sect, it's people failing to do so well. The sect lends itself to shallow stereotypes, much like the monks. Thus the red and black emo thing.

<<real RP is mostly dead in this age of the game anyhow so its not like I get a lot of chances to express it even if I wanted to.>>

That's an unfortunate perspective. From mine, it's never been more common or more accepted. I've also found that it depends heavily on where you're spending your time in game.

For the OP: there's plenty of weevil moon mages around. Most of them in fact. Neither of the two anti-sorcery MMs I knew well play anymore. Though, I don't know of the weevils that support Kalestraum openly and loudly, but that makes sense given the inquisition-heavy post-Lyras world and the politics of the guild. Coralin might be the closest to a blatant Kalestraum follower I know of, but that's just my perspective. Traim is also open to sorcery discussion, practice or philosophy, if it appears like the person he's speaking to understands discretion.

I'm certainly biased, but if you're looking to get involved with decent moon mage RP, I'd suggest seeking out Miskton. He's not weevil, but he's a good hub of moon mage stuff and a great RPer.
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 09:36 PM CDT
>Coralin might be the closest to a blatant Kalestraum follower I know of, but that's just my perspective.

Heh. Feel free to look me up in game.

Coralin has a close relationship with Ealuik which tends to give her a bad reputation. That and she's a Fateweaver that wants control at any cost and that's led her down the road to teleologic sorcery.

Each sect has the potential for so many routes and as mentioned before, it's a pity people stick to the stereotypes.

I'd love to get some fun interesting things happening to Throne City if anyone is interested. I try to haunt the city as much as possible, but usually end up bored and back in Shard.

If we all started up some fun action, I bet I could nag Malzard enough to show up every now and then for some anti-sorcery flair.

-Coralin
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 09:39 PM CDT
Poor Malzard, so woefully outnumbered.
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 09:55 PM CDT
>I have for as long as this character has been around, strived to follow the real Tezirah. Granted except for the period during which we had a well defined group this train of thought is looked down on. Sadly so much so that the player aspects show through to a point of making any reasonable RP in this direction impossible. Heh in fact Ive even been shot down by a GM once or twice attempting to RP devotion toward Tezirah. If done right it can be a pretty fun way to go. Unfortunately too many have tried the "evil" persona when doing so its heavily tainted the name... in fact its heavy tainted the Progeny in general. Too many people look at it as the "emo, evil wannabe" sect. Black and red does not mean emo. Nor does desire for knowledge and power equate to "evil". Rant aside I still follow the same beliefs I always have I simply keep them less open... real RP is mostly dead in this age of the game anyhow so its not like I get a lot of chances to express it even if I wanted to.

I think it doesn't help your case that Tezirah proved herself to during the MWP to be actually "evil" and not just the victim of 1000 years of propaganda.

-Artificer Nilassa

You notice Kssarh trying to remain hidden while speaking.
You hear the voice of Kssarh say, "Slackers."
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/11/2012 11:27 PM CDT
Keep in mind that was Tezirah (Or was it? Yeah, it probably was...) after way too long living in the plane of probability a place that is incredibly hostile to her form of life. What that says about who she was before is a debatable subject.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 12:23 AM CDT
>Keep in mind that was Tezirah (Or was it? Yeah, it probably was...) after way too long living in the plane of probability a place that is incredibly hostile to her form of life. What that says about who she was before is a debatable subject.

That may be true, but as of now Tezirah is at worst "evil" and at best "completely insane." However, I'd be interested in hearing a justification/explanation/rationalization as to why someone devoted to her shouldn't be looked down upon by society at large.

-Artificer Nilassa

Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 12:44 AM CDT
To be fair, wouldn't most the guild be burnt at the stake (or whatever the Hounds' fashion of the day killing is) if ugly truths were out? Y'Shai? That's a curious soulless mostly-invincible construct you have there..
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 12:45 AM CDT
I am currently hunting in Throne City believe it or not if I see ya I'll be sure to strike up a conversation.

-The Forsaken Rakash
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 01:08 AM CDT
>>However, I'd be interested in hearing a justification/explanation/rationalization as to why someone devoted to her shouldn't be looked down upon by society at large.

I'm not entirely sure that regular people would necessarily care about how the Seven Star Empire felt about someone over 1,000 years ago, especially given how the entire place run in what seemed to be a rather violent manner, let alone if they'd even know who Tezirah is to begin with. Would they even really know all that much about the Seven Star Empire, beyond "that time sure was violent"?

Hell, does the general population even really process the differences between each of the sects, or if they just go "yeah, that's a Moon Mage"? If it's the latter, all the more reason why society at large might not care that much about Tezirites—it might just be too inside baseball for the random schlub.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 02:35 AM CDT
<<I'm not entirely sure that regular people would necessarily care about how the Seven Star Empire felt about someone over 1,000 years ago>>

Given the current events surrounding shifting, the empaths guild, and the legacy of Jomay, I beg to differ.
Keeping in mind the average lifespan of an Elf or a Dwarf, there are many people out there with the possiblity of having parents or grandparents who lived during that time.

<<To be fair, wouldn't most the guild be burnt at the stake (or whatever the Hounds' fashion of the day killing is) if ugly truths were out? Y'Shai? That's a curious soulless mostly-invincible construct you have there..>>
This is completely true. That's where the incredible political manipulating talents of the MoonMage guild come into play.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 05:47 AM CDT
Poor Malzard, so many sorcerers, so little time...
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 07:44 AM CDT
>> I have for as long as this character has been around, strived to follow the real Tezirah. Granted except for the period during which we had a well defined group this train of thought is looked down on. Sadly so much so that the player aspects show through to a point of making any reasonable RP in this direction impossible. Heh in fact Ive even been shot down by a GM once or twice attempting to RP devotion toward Tezirah. If done right it can be a pretty fun way to go. Unfortunately too many have tried the "evil" persona when doing so its heavily tainted the name... in fact its heavy tainted the Progeny in general. Too many people look at it as the "emo, evil wannabe" sect. Black and red does not mean emo. Nor does desire for knowledge and power equate to "evil". Rant aside I still follow the same beliefs I always have I simply keep them less open... real RP is mostly dead in this age of the game anyhow so its not like I get a lot of chances to express it even if I wanted to.

I've been a Tezirite since before it was possible to be one officially. My rp use to be pure devotion to Tezirah but through the years GMs and Events have hinted at(or in some cases with NPCs outright told me) about the inner workings of the Progeny.

Heres a hint, The Crowthers are every bit as evil as Tezirah. They just lack the megalomaniac view, the resurfaced Tezirah had. This is why at some point I swapped from devotion to Tezirah to devotion to the Crowther family line. The true founders. They are not evil Overlords, They are the Puppet Masters.

Being a Tezirite is about power, at any cost. You would be surprised at what prices have been paid. Its also about putting on a smile and being polite while your doing it.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FauxAffablyEvil?from=Main.EvillyAffable

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 07:54 AM CDT
>I've been a Tezirite since before it was possible to be one officially. My rp use to be pure devotion to Tezirah but through the years GMs and Events have hinted at(or in some cases with NPCs outright told me) about the inner workings of the Progeny.
>
>Heres a hint, The Crowthers are every bit as evil as Tezirah. They just lack the megalomaniac view, the resurfaced Tezirah had. This is why at some point I swapped from devotion to Tezirah to devotion to the Crowther family line. The true founders. They are not evil Overlords, They are the Puppet Masters.
>
>Being a Tezirite is about power, at any cost. You would be surprised at what prices have been paid. Its also about putting on a smile and being polite while your doing it.

I like your stance.

-Artificer Nilassa

Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 09:12 AM CDT

>>I like your stance.

I tend to let go of RP, but when I'm fully in character if you ever get a chance to talk to my toon he'll tell you that sorcery is a foolish endeavor and is the downfall of anybody that goes down that route. He is also clearly lieing, and is totally aware that your on to him. He gets a kick off stringing people along as they try to question him to affirm their suspicions.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/12/2012 11:30 AM CDT
>Being a Tezirite is about power, at any cost. You would be surprised at what prices have been paid. Its also about putting on a smile and being polite while your doing it.

Bravo, This is exactly what type of character my toon would be interested in meeting with.

-The Forsaken Rakash
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/13/2012 04:30 AM CDT
>or whatever the Hounds' fashion of the day killing is

Just going off what I've seen, they seem to prefer ramming a banner through your chest more than any other thing.

But then I've only seen half a dozen houndings in person. Not exactly a big sample size.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/15/2012 01:48 PM CDT
Heh actually most of this thread hits perfectly on how and why i play the way i do. I was taught through the IG group i used to be with (Zelion, Vendelor, etc) that Tezirah was who we followed and that is what built the devotion to Her. After the MWP it became woefully hard to portray this devotion due to the super evilness in which Tezirah was protrayed. Since then my focus has slowly leeched away from pure devotion to Her into more of a devotion to gaining power. Think about it.. crazy or not Tezirah has knowledge and powers that current age mages could only dream of... THAT is what Renzar is after now. Im sure he'd help the world burn if the option of knowledge and power in doing so was available. I dont play him as evil.. i dont kick puppies for fun... perhaps just more as a skewed view of things (part of why ive never outted a necro and in fact have asked for demonstrations to learn more.)

As far as the Crowthers go... Im well aware of their special brand of 'evil'. I dont follow them in the ways I do Tezirah because I dont like their methods. And something bugs me about how the whole original banishment went down, it smells of betrayal for unknown reasons. Its just something about them that makes Renzar leary.

And lastly yes the RP in DR today heavily depends on who you attempt it with. Sadly Ive been out of the loop for so long im woefully uninformed as to the people and areas where the preferrable RPs are. Most of what I see is lovey dovey junk or "Im bigger than you whelp and can squash thee" sort of stuff. And as i said the few times i tried to jump back in i got the immediate write off (backed by gms heh) which sorta killed the mood. I love a good philosophical debate but only if theres at least enough open mindedness to actually debate not just shut down.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/15/2012 02:27 PM CDT
I'd like to get my MM involved in some RP, right now he is pretty bland and unknown so I could take him in almost any direction. If anyone has an AIM that would answer some questions, be looking for an apprentice (evil or otherwise), or be up for any other general RP shenanigans, let me know!
Re: Saesordian Cabal 10/15/2012 03:25 PM CDT
Well I'd be happy to answer some questions. My IM is Eyuve. I live in a crazy time zone though, so if you don't see me around feel free to find someone else.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Saesordian Cabal 11/05/2012 04:43 PM CST
>I'd like to get my MM involved in some RP, right now he is pretty bland and unknown so I could take him in almost any direction. If anyone has an AIM that would answer some questions, be looking for an apprentice (evil or otherwise), or be up for any other general RP shenanigans, let me know!

AIM: khioldr

-The Forsaken Rakash