Shadewatch Mirror 03/13/2019 10:47 AM CDT
Is there any chance that we get some expansion on shadewatch mirror to work with less restrictions? I know I've used it in the long past to watch GMPCs like Viggu who were indoors. Some of us have been testing it lately for the purposes of an event and it looks like the limitations have become (or maybe always were, aside from GMPCs) very restrictive.

This is one of those spells that facilitates group interaction in a large way so if there's any way of opening it up to be widely usable, that would be great. It could be a mana gate (cyclic?), skill gate, an MT item gate, a craftable item gate, a cantrip gate, a prereq/combo spell gate (maybe you need SLS too), etc. It's just a very cool tool that I think can often act to increase group participation in certain ways so I'd like to see it more reliable.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 03/13/2019 08:54 PM CDT
Does it not work on a target while they're indoors at night anymore?

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/Dragon%20Realms%203.1%20Test/Moon%20Mages/thread/1621259
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 03/14/2019 04:35 PM CDT
Thanks! It does seem to work inside (both viewer and target, at least at night) and I prematurely relied on other testing. The problem was that the room we were testing against is a "dark" room so it will only work if there's a room light source in the target room (like the target carrying a torch). Belated thanks to Raesh.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 03/26/2019 09:55 AM CDT
I like that clairvoyance does not help people scry in the dark. I have used that knowledge to hold meetings when I wanted to keep everything secret.
Re: Shadewatch Mirror 03/27/2019 10:20 AM CDT
It would be better if TS allowed for Shadewatch Mirror into dark rooms like it does with Locate though. (Even though the darkness mechanic is not consistently applied or even common.)

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page