Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 12/31/2017 12:11 AM CST
Any chance the Mind Shout / heavy offensive magic timer could be re-evaluated? 5 minutes cooldown for a 3 slot AOE non-damaging stun is pretty punishing. Even with debilitation mastery making it a 4 slot investment the cooldown spell is slow.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 12/31/2017 09:16 PM CST
>>Any chance the Mind Shout / heavy offensive magic timer could be re-evaluated? 5 minutes cooldown for a 3 slot AOE non-damaging stun is pretty punishing. Even with debilitation mastery making it a 4 slot investment the cooldown spell is slow.

seconded, please re-examine this, i'm not even sure why this is on a timer given that it's not Heavy TM and Heavy offense magic (thing) does not actually exist (unless maybe i missed something which is possible)

pretty please.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 12/31/2017 10:48 PM CST
Does anyone still use this spell? For me, the timer made it so I use dmrs instead.
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 01/24/2018 07:16 AM CST
I played around with using in in my hunting routine and it’s pretty pointless.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 01:56 PM CST
Can we have mind shout redone or just scrap it and put shadow web back on our list for AoE debilitator?
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 03:31 PM CST
>>Can we have mind shout redone or just scrap it and put shadow web back on our list for AoE debilitator?

It would be cool if we could keep mind shout and just get back the shadow web from 2.0, the second release of it that didn't affect the caster. But that being said if I had to choose between not having mind shout but getting shadow web back or keeping mind shout and not getting back Shadow Web, I would pick to lose mind shout and get back shadow web.

The reason the Pulse on the AOE debilitation was so key, is that you can cast TM or fire a bow at the target when the pulse hits. A similar way to achieve what war mages get with the IP and BG combo. Even if it was only single target, the pulsing effect would make it un-replaceable for debilitating a target while you cast a spell at it.

You could do this also with the Delay that was provided with CRS by snap casting a dazzle etc at your target after the spike was created before it fired its Undulating blast(s). And currently if its night you can try and use SLS for this...but even if it is night time when you need the spell it really sucks at getting through wards or a good shield. The damage it deals is not that impressive either making it rather hard to kill targets that are not totally debilitated and debuffed long enough for it to hit several times. And it pulses slow even when using the fastest constellation.

But because of diminishing returns you can't keep someone locked down long enough for SLS to hit more than one pulse normally and its probably going to just bounce of the shield of your target or not get through the ward even if they are sleeping if its at level. I guess if you use the new teleo, which limits the use on the prediction system its easier to use SLS but I haven't tested the spell myself since my mage doesn't cast Teleo.

Which points out the fact that you need a high sorcery spell just to make SLS what it should be doing at its base considering its a quest spell, requires great skill, and its limited by only being used at night. Just like you need teleo sorcery to reverse curses. All the answers for the guild seem to be in teleo which is kinda stupid considering you should be able to gain something for not choosing to be corrupt other than 2 spells that are thrown in to make predictions bordering usefulness instead of just fixing predictions.

Getting shadow web back would be a huge blessing for the guild that isn't gated behind TELEO. Along with getting back crystal spikes reincarnation and fixing curses so you can get past -10 ranks on an opponent. Really we should get a rewrite of dazzle making it something useful and also get SLS buffed at its base so its not only valuable sometimes and if you are invested in casting teleo.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 04:14 PM CST
Slightly off topic. I think heritage house probably has the most useful cantrip as they can reverse a self-caused curse every so often.
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 04:17 PM CST
>>Slightly off topic. I think heritage house probably has the most useful cantrip as they can reverse a self-caused curse every so often.

I'd have to agree, makes me wish I went HH and then just lied told everyone I was a monk xD

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 04:21 PM CST
You can always switch to HH. They can reverse a curse and they have the jedi-mind trick to get into any sect hall. I find it very tempting to switch. Someday i might.
Re: Mind Shout / Heavy offensive magic timer 02/17/2018 04:21 PM CST
Or I guess I still can. Here I come HH