EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 02:38 AM CDT
So this might be premature to suggest, but following on the heels of EMMO opening up cambrinth moonblades, it would be very cool for EMMO to also allow you to shape your moonblade to a TM focus. Is that technically feasible? Would EMMO be doing too much at that point?

There could Enchanting technique tie-ins the way crafting skills interact with SHMO. Altogether seems very moon-magey.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 03:34 AM CDT
If you could shape a moonblade to a ritual focus and TM focus with EMMO it might be enough to convince me to pick this spell back up.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 09:13 AM CDT

I agree. EMMO should be a focus, but not a damage focus. Maybe a super special focus that turned TKS into a cyclic (yeah, yeah, I know, but a mage can dream). Barring that, it should do something cool other than +dmg.

Not the right forums, but I think the same for summoned weapons. They should be special TM foci that allowed you to use that weapon as your warrior mage.
Re: EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 11:50 AM CDT
>I agree. EMMO should be a focus, but not a damage focus. Maybe a super special focus that turned TKS into a cyclic (yeah, yeah, I know, but a mage can dream). Barring that, it should do something cool other than +dmg.

Why not a damage focus? Tt should probably be shapable to all types of magic foci considering the moon limitation and the intent that moonblade is a wizard's staff.

>Not the right forums, but I think the same for summoned weapons. They should be special TM foci that allowed you to use that weapon as your warrior mage.

The whole point of a TM focus is that it negates the use of a weapon in favor of TM damage. You don't think giving WM's access to virtually every weapon without carrying any of them as well as a TM focus they can use built in and simultaneously use as a weapon isn't a little (a lot) overboard?

Re: EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 12:11 PM CDT

> Why not a damage focus?

MM doesn't strike me as a damage oriented guild.

> Tt should probably be shapable to all types of magic foci considering the moon limitation and the intent that moonblade is a wizard's staff.

Now that's a really good idea. Let it be a universal focus that you can shape to anything, including custom TM foci. Give it the same treatment as other summonables. If you have the enchanting techniques and the enchanting skill and the right materials or conditions then you can shape it to anything that's craftable.

> The whole point of a TM focus is that it negates the use of a weapon in favor of TM damage. You don't think giving WM's access to virtually every weapon without carrying any of them as well as a TM focus they can use built in and simultaneously use as a weapon isn't a little (a lot) overboard?

Warrior mage's thing is TM and combat. It makes sense that they have some sort of synergy with a TM foci. You can limit this in a way that makes sense balance wise. For example, the power of the foci would be inversely proportional to the power of the weapon, or limiting the spells to the type of the weapon (fire weapon = fire spells only, stone weapon = earth, etc..). It would be a small damage boost overall compared to other magical classes using foci, but nothing game breaking.
Re: EMMO as foci 03/18/2017 01:15 PM CDT
>> Why not a damage focus?

>MM doesn't strike me as a damage oriented guild.

Damage focus as in TM damage focus where presumably the moonblade would be unusable as a weapon for the duration it was shaped into a TM focus.

Re: EMMO as foci 03/23/2017 09:15 PM CDT
the belief that moonmages are a non-combat guild is too often used to argue against us having anything combat oriented. and that's coming from me who always says that people should pick another guild if they are interested in combat or pvp.
Re: EMMO as foci 03/28/2017 09:05 PM CDT
I too believe there should be the option to go different directions in the guild. The Y'shai, for example, seem pretty combat focused. But either way, it's not so much as focusing on combat using moonlight to enhance our combat prowess.

It would be interesting if there were paths or directions one could take, similar to WoW.

Yavash = martial combat / related spells
Katamba = balance between combat and magic
Xibar = magic based combat / magic focused

Either way, if the option was there (add lore, quests, paths) to enhance one's focus -- sort of like warmies do, this could go a long way in making the guild feel even more unique.

Plus, allegiances with certain moons would be a cool way to further develop lore (or with constellations)

That's all.

I like training weapons as a moonie...